FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cel Light!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must have a possessed Focus here. I should start a Focus Woes Blog soon.. <_<

So after a week coming back from a relaxing business trip down to south Florida and the Florida Keys on Sunday, I decide to start up the car and take it out for a rip. After a fill from 1/2 to full and 15 minutes of driving after that.. The car throws a CEL. Then a few days later, it starts to flash. Then today it is gone..

WTF?!?!

No driveability issues when the light was on, and I topped up the tank on 91.. but this car has some serious antics, it almost reminds me of the pre-YRF0 where the CEL and the battery light would flash and blink randomly. Anyhow.. on to number #2: My driver seat back adjusting knob is loose as well. After setting my seat back position, and a little bit of spirited driving later, the seat back will have moved usually a few inches back from where I set it, so I continuously have to set it again. What a nutty car..

Well at least the sights of hot latin females ingrained from my trip will keep me sane for the next little while.. B)

When CEL comes on it means go to dealor or get your self a OBD II reader.
What year is that focus cause I do believe there is a recall on drive side seats for some focus's of some years because the driver side seat might recline when you dont want it to. Take it down to ford and ask.
The only CEL I got was when the DPFE went ................. but you said you had no driveability issues ?? Get it out and drive it hard ...... see if you have some hesitation - that usually indicates the DPFE. Good luck.
Hmm, ive never had any of those problems with my svt... my seats used to make strange noises but thats about it.

mind you my car does have a problem with axle seals :angry: