FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Can I Find A List Of Recalls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title says

Thanks
Ask AnthonyD

He's had em all!

Fingers,Jun 22 2005, 07:03 PM Wrote:As title says

Thanks
[right][snapback]116251[/snapback][/right]

Call your ford dealer and give them the vechile VIN number and they will tell you the ones that appliy to you
microbunny,Jun 22 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:Ask AnthonyD

He's had em all!
[right][snapback]116266[/snapback][/right]

I was just gonna say the same thing, lol poor Anthony
Here's all the safety recalls I know off the top of my head:
- Fuel delivery module
- Heated seats
- Rear latch corrosion

Extended coverages:
- EGR sensor
- Front coil springs

The only other ones you might be referring to as 'secret' are TSB's and SSM's. While your vehicle is under warranty, these are covered by warranty; when it's out of warranty, they're not. Essentially they're just information for the technicians to fix the problem, if it is a common problem and Ford has found the most efficient way to fix the problem without costing them as much money in diagnosis times under warranty. It's just like a service guide for common issues.

A lot of people don't realize that not all recalls affect all vehicles. It depends on when, and where your vehicle was manufactured. Especially when CNN, or any other news station broadcasts a big recall; we get lots of calls from people asking to come in for that recall, but it may not apply to their specific vehicle (IE. cruise control recall).

Like everyone else said, call any Ford dealer in Canada, give them your VIN, and they can check for you. Or PM me your VIN, and I can check for you tomorrow when I'm at work.
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 22 2005 Wrote:Here's all the safety recalls I know off the top of my head:
- Fuel delivery module
- Heated seats
- Rear latch corrosion

Extended coverages:
- EGR sensor
- Front coil springs

Like everyone else said, call any Ford dealer in Canada, give them your VIN, and they can check for you.  Or PM me your VIN, and I can check for you tomorrow when I'm at work.
[right][snapback]116345[/snapback][/right]

There's also the option of the Ford website as it has a recall search function as well (You'll need your vehicles VIN to get any information from it, if it exists)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 22 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:There's also the option of the Ford website as it has a recall search function as well (You'll need your vehicles VIN to get any information from it, if it exists)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]116363[/snapback][/right]

Thats where I check mine.
Link anyone?
scoobasteve,Jun 23 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:Link anyone?
[right][snapback]116450[/snapback][/right]

Ask and ye shall receive (Why this doesn't work for me with the lottery I'll never know <_< )

Ford of Canada recalls list webpage

NefCanuck