FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Opinion On The Following Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tokico blue shock and Megan racing spring. Spring rate is 280F/230R.

I know the spring rate is very diff than all other focus spring, that's y I need some input.
a focus isn't an integra but i have 276f/220r springs on my car.. in my application i think its a good street spring..on the soft side but they are comfortable

EDIT: 280f/230r is called a 'race' spring? lol mine are called oe replacement sport springs
naz,Jun 23 2005, 02:29 AM Wrote:a focus isn't an integra but i have 276f/220r springs on my car.. in my application i think its a good street spring..on the soft side but they are comfortable

EDIT: 280f/230r is called a 'race' spring?  lol mine are called oe replacement sport springs
[right][snapback]116351[/snapback][/right]

If you look at spring rate

You can see that 280/230 is very stiff for focus.
i guess the spring rates for the h&r race springs is more what i have in mind when i think 'race' spring that's all

my though is that it will be a nice comfortable setup that's good for street driving probably exactly what you are looking for

after the price of dampers that would be able to handle the lowering + higher than stock spring rates, wouldn't you be fairly close in price to a matched set of springs and dampers?