FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Has Rust On Their Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last time I saw my 2000 ZX3 it had a couple of spots of rust around the bottom of the passenger door and I could see a few bubbles starting around the bottom edge of the hatch.

Laterz :)
Nothing... yet :/
Everywhere!! that sh!t is everywhere except the plastic. Bottom of the corner of the door, on the inside of the hood, little chips from the rocks are there is some rust, whole underside of the car :o
Wow, that sucks! :/
Don't you guys find this a little strange that a 4 year old car can show signs of rust? Does this not bother any of you?

Do all cars show rust after 4 years?
ANTHONYD,Jun 24 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:Don't you guys find this a little strange that a 4 year old car can show signs of rust? Does this not bother any of you?

Do all cars show rust after 4 years?
[right][snapback]116869[/snapback][/right]

I have a 2000 and it has rust on the bottom driver door an where the back fender meets the bumper and there is some rust starting all over my hatch.
The only cars I haven't seen lately with rust at 4-5 years old are select imports and Saturns.

With that said, the culprit for a lot of folks seems to be paint not bonding correctly to the body panels and/or paint being applied too thinly.
I have some rust on the Trunk in the paint, on the drain holes, and under the ford emblem because the paint chiped there for some strange reason. I have to take the trim off the trunk and take it appart to scuff it and paint it.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 24 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:The only cars I haven't seen lately with rust at 4-5 years old are select imports and Saturns.

With that said, the culprit for a lot of folks seems to be paint not bonding correctly to the body panels and/or paint being applied too thinly.
[right][snapback]117105[/snapback][/right]

I remember back in the eighties, the Hyundai Pony would look like swiss cheese after 4 or 5 years. It had more holes in it than Tony Montana at the end of Scarface.
2001 zx3- I don't have any rust that I know of, one small paint chip on the front.. although never really driven in the winter.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 24 2005, 02:26 PM Wrote:The only cars I haven't seen lately with rust at 4-5 years old are select imports and Saturns.

[right][snapback]117105[/snapback][/right]

There's a guy at work with a 2001 Pontiac Montana that's got the paint chipping at the leading edge of the hood and it looks like the primer they used is bonding to the metal, when he took the Montana to GM they pretty much told him that they wouldn't do anything for him because he was out of warranty.

dBlast,Jun 24 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:I remember back in the eighties, the Hyundai Pony would look like swiss cheese after 4 or 5 years.  It had more holes in it than Tony Montana at the end of Scarface.
[right][snapback]117149[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I remember a friend back in the late 80's had one and it started to look like that after 3 years of being on the road, on the other hand there is a green Pony in my neighbourhood that is in mint shape the guy has kept the thing in showroom condition.

Laterz :)
I do, on my ZTS. It's startin on the trunk, and tiny spots on the front doors.
Pages: 1 2