FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Will Never Deal With Steelcase Tires/mags Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I bought some rims for $150 and was looking for tires, and I need them by Friday morning....

I call good ole trusty Steelcase and talk to Dave and ask for a price on Kumho 712's in 205-50-15, $114 mounted and balanced each plus tax. So like $525 for all 4. I think..that's a good deal so I tell the guy I'll be by and drop off the rims.

Before I leave work to go there I call up Wheels Direct and ask for same tires...$400 mounted, Balanced, Tax in for all 4.. :o :o He didn't know stock at the time he said he would have to get back to me. I now think to myself, damn, I need to go to Steelcase and see if he can lower his price.

I show up at steelcase, Dave is out on delivery/pickup. So the boss there I think Jim or something, talks to me then says hold on, he goes away for 15 minutes then comes back deals with a couple other customers. Then asks what's up, I tell him the situation and he starts a rant about how he doesn't even have enough time to do the cars waiting right now, and that my 4 tires really don't matter to him and blah blah. He looks at it again and says he can't change the price. I tell him I'm not happy that he's making me feel that my 4 tires aren't important when I would have went there next month for full drag rims and drag slicks which would have been over $1000 plus all the business from my own 2 cars and people I refer there etc.

So I tell him to fack off, and I leave. :o

I then go to Steelcase, find out they don't have those tires in stock, so I settle for some Federal SS535 in 195-50-15....for $350 mounted, balanced and tax in. :o

Quote:The SS 535 sports-type ultra-high performance tire is developed for car enthusiasts who especially require superior handling performance. Federal's fundamental TTIC technology and newly developed M.P.O. (Magnify Performance Optimization) technology take the performance of the SS 535 to an un-precedented level throughout the whole life of the tire.

Flange protector protects alloy rims form curb damage
Hex form bead profile efficiently locks tyre onto wheel rim
Three Radius Tread Arc (T.R.T.A) delivers even pressure across the contact patch
Opti-noise technology for a quiet ride
Uni-directional tread pattern
SUPER STEEL 535

Don't seem too bad.

So all in all, steelcase can kiss my business good bye!!!!

WERD!
Thats some pretty brutal customer service. When i talked to dave they seemed like good guys too...

Oh well, I'll go to rubberman for tires.
Yeah, Dave was really good on the phone, that other guys needs a kick in the teeth.

I would go to Rubberman but he's too far away. It's nice for me to just leave work for 30 minutes to go drop off the rims.
scoobasteve,Jun 22 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:Thats some pretty brutal customer service. When i talked to dave they seemed like good guys too...

[right][snapback]116151[/snapback][/right]

Agree - for you guys in the GTA I'd go to Bob - hell I drove from Ottawa to get rubber off of him. The deal he was giving me was unbeatable B) !!
dlb,Jun 22 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jun 22 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:Thats some pretty brutal customer service. When i talked to dave they seemed like good guys too...

[right][snapback]116151[/snapback][/right]

Agree - for you guys in the GTA I'd go to Bob - hell I drove from Ottawa to get rubber off of him. The deal he was giving me was unbeatable B) !!
[right][snapback]116153[/snapback][/right]

Just for future refrence, i've found that rockland Tire (20 min outside Ottawa) will match his prices.

They seem to have in the past anyways.....

Jay - Did you really say Fack Awf to him? Like Fawk Awf and not dam off. I wish I was there to see that. :lol:
Yup.

Just like a month ago when I went into a axle shop to get axles for the civic and the guy quoted me a price on the phone, I asked about a core charge, he said there was none. So I show up to buy, and there's $50 core charge PER AXLE.. FACK I WAS PISSED. My exact words "You f u cking pakis are f u cking stupid, learn to quote a product right or go back to India"

:o I WAS SO PISSED!!!
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 22 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Yup.

Just like a month ago when I went into a axle shop to get axles for the civic and the guy quoted me a price on the phone, I asked about a core charge, he said there was none. So I show up to buy, and there's $50 core charge PER AXLE.. FACK I WAS PISSED. My exact words "You f u cking pakis are f u cking stupid, learn to quote a product right or go back to India"

:o I WAS SO PISSED!!!
[right][snapback]116166[/snapback][/right]

...sends jay on a diversity training course :P
Serenity Now!
Wheels direct has always been cheaper then steelcase... I knew this even when focuscanada started dealing with steelcase, but the board was so gung-ho about it I left it be.
where is this "wheels direct"
McCowan/Sheppard
bah I went to tire depot to get my tires almost 3 years ago, called them up asked about some yokohamas dude said I got em 120 with balancing next day I showed up and 45 min later I was driving home a happy customer.

Bang bang bang

Everytime I saw people quoting prices from steel case I sat there and held my hands back cause I knew they were a somewhat sponser, but I havent heard from them in awhile so heres my rant.

I got quoted 100 more per tire in Burlington then I did in toronto thats why you have to call at least 10 different places for tires because nobody has the same price.
Just dont ever try to buy rims off of either, dam shops think they can highball every customer. Id never buy local when it comes to wheels, rubber yes but not wheels. Hell the rotas I want I can get for $480 shipped from the US....
rota has no distributors here and no one has rights to sell em as so.... all the people buy from the same places you did in the states...

Tire Canada, i have got my tires from these guys for the past 6 yrs, fawk steels case and everything else. you guys want a good deal call these guys. realy small shop and he is not always busy like other places. tell them that i have sent you and i can gurantee that his prices will be the best. when i got my x-ice it was 75$ cheaper then anywhere else including costco. also when i got the falkens for gf it was 120 cheaper then anywhere else. so trust me these guys are good.

Tire Canada
416-749-3101

just tell them Mo sent you from MTM auto
So I got a call from Dave from Steelcase, wanting me to explain the situation.

I explained it exactly like above and he was upset that I posted it online, but I mean, what do you expect?

Couple things here:

1-I am not part of OFOC
2-I was not getting a OFOC discount
3-Focus Canada is not OFOC
4-I have not owned a Focus for 3 years
5-If I have an issue, I'm not going to call and threaten to post it online to see if that would spark a reaction or get a better price. what happened happened and I posted it, it's called the internet and freedom of speech
6-I asked Jim is he could lower the price because I can get it much cheaper elsewhere and he said "Well you're gonna have to go there bud"
7-Jim told me "Your 4 tires aren't going to make it or break it for me, I got 3 cars lined up and not enough guys to do all the work" when I asked if he could lower the price. To me that means "Your business is not valued, go elsewhere"

So I dunno, am I not allowed to share my experiences online? Dave also told me he would stop the sponsorship of OFOC because if something "doesn't go perfect" then it will get posted online..well...DUH And I don't care, like I said above, I'm not part of OFOC.
Yeah, OFOC doesnt have any real ties to focus canada. so i don't get it.
I AM part of OFOC and I wouldn't deal with Steelcase... they were rude to me when I called about rubber before I met Bob, and I said fvck it then. Now I go to Bob exclusively for all my tires... I've bought probably 20 tires off him in the past 1.5 yrs
Hmmmmmmm, interesting :ph34r:
word of mouth. bad experience spread 10 times fatser than good ones.

So becuase you did not have a good expereince with them, you tell us and we might tell other people. Ive never been to steelcase, so i dont know. But if some one asks how they are, i would probly bring up this story to them, and let them decide.

Thats the way the retail business works.
Pages: 1 2