FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried to put high performance shocks and struts on there focus that is lowered by 2 inches. If so what kind did you go with and how well did they work?
well ididn't drop 2" but i did drop 1.5"-1.7".
i used KYB gr-2 struts.
they seem to be workin well
no complaints yet.
focuzedn2o,Jun 20 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:well ididn't drop 2" but i did drop 1.5"-1.7".
i used KYB  gr-2 struts.
they seem to be workin well
no complaints yet.
[right][snapback]115753[/snapback][/right]

I was looking at those Kyb struts on ebay. They are $178 canadian is that a good price for them. Did you find that you car hit the bumps really hard with the stock struts.
$178 is a wicked deal. I did the GR-2's about 2 years ago, and I love em. They're stiffer than stock, but not so much that you bottom out a lot. Lifetime warranty and all that if you're lowered up to 1.5". I think I paid $450 or so for all 4 corners... same drop as focuzedn2o
Raine,Jun 21 2005, 03:49 AM Wrote:They're stiffer than stock, but not so much that you bottom out a lot.
[right][snapback]115791[/snapback][/right]

i'm having a really hard time picturing how a damper that has 'more' compression damping would make the car bottom out more...
i just got my set of KyB GR-2 this monday, i paid 345$tx.in . i going to install them this week end :)
BradfordZX3,Jun 20 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:Has anyone tried to put high performance shocks and struts on there focus that is lowered by 2 inches. If so what kind did you go with and how well did they work?
[right][snapback]115751[/snapback][/right]

I have the FK Hitec Kit.

2" in the back, 1.5" in front

I went from Eibach to this, and I have Zero complaints.
naz,Jun 21 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:i'm having a really hard time picturing how a damper that has 'more' compression damping would make the car bottom out more...
[right][snapback]115793[/snapback][/right]

rhetorical question I know... but the answer is - it won't

more dampening = less bottoming out.

and for the record, I don't think I've been able to make my SHM suspension kit bottom out yet... though my neck has paid the price on longer trips.
I came a phone call away from ordering the Koni shocks. Aparently they're nice. Focused had them on his car, and the stance was absolutely perfect. Can anyone post the ubber sexy front shot of his car that was taken a few years back before he wrote it off???
anyone have a line on those koni yellows. i wouldnt mind a set. but everywhere i see them theyre $$$$$$$
focusgold2001,Jun 21 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:i just got my set of KyB GR-2 this monday, i paid 345$tx.in . i going to install them this week end :)
[right][snapback]115804[/snapback][/right]

May I ask where?

And how you compare GR-2 and GXA?
Focus Is Art,Jun 21 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:
focusgold2001,Jun 21 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:i just got my set of KyB GR-2 this monday, i paid 345$tx.in . i going to install them this week end :)
[right][snapback]115804[/snapback][/right]

May I ask where?

And how you compare GR-2 and GXA?
[right][snapback]115897[/snapback][/right]

i think "Docteur du Pare-brise" shop dont exist outside of the quebec, im right?

no, i didnt compare GR-2 and AGX, i just need some replacement shock and the OEM at the dealership are more costy compare to KYB GR-2 :D
just IMHO, i think koni yellows are overkill unless they are matched with something fairly extreme like h&r race springs...