FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rant--
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm driving home from work today and everything is cool and I get about 10km from home and the back end starts to feel shaky. I took a gravel road for part of the way because of a detour and I somehow got a 1 inch screw logded in my rear drivers side tire...

I made it home and procede to get the jack and spare and I clue in...damn mother dam subwoofer box...glad its not winter...

10 minutes later--->

jack the car up, remove the tire, realize that not only do I have a puncture, but the screw also tore a chunk of tread off...its completely flat and air goes right outta it..

less than 7000km and Pirelli tire number 1 is garbage..... <_<

It's not the tire...

it's not even the fact some lazy construction worker probably dropped it out of a truck...

it's not even the money...

its the hassle of getting off work, feeling pretty good then, having to deal with crappy tire because every other place closes at 5pm...

I gotta go back and get a tire...and get my rim back...

ok..I'm done!
Ouch, suckage that. My flat tire story beats you if only because it was even weirder ;) happened back in March, shortly before I bought my Focus

Picture this, you're going to the mall with some friends and you back into the parking space you're using, no muss no fuss.

Return some two hours later after the mall has closed for the night (Its Sunday natch) to find that my right rear tire is flatter than a week old open can of cola :angry:

Then as the CAA tow truck driver is swapping out my tire for the spare (which was mint condition after 9 years) he pulls out the business end of a butterfly knife that somehow got jammed into the tread of the tire underneath :blink: I mean I knew I was in a shitty neighbourhood but geez....

Then driving home on the highway for 50km on a temporary spare at maybe 90km/h while everyone else is passing you and giving you hand gestures... not fun...

NefCanuck
that sucks.. at least you got home safe though!!
I dunno, I think it sucked pretty bad when my tire went flat on the way home from Montreal and I was stopped on the side of the 401 in the snow trying to persuade the rim away from it's bolts. :P Then had to spend $85 on a tire that bob probably coulda got me for $30... shittay.
Killbear, 2 years agao. IZUZU pick-up truck camping out in the middle of nowhere.

Wake up, big assed rusty nail in the tire. Tire flat and 50 min to the nearest garage in 100 degree heat.
Drove on the rim to the garage. 80 bux for a tire, 25 for a rusty used rim.

All on a truck worth about 25 bux.

seriously shitty.
hah, you guys with your spare's are just lucky.... last time i checked the spare in my svt is flat.
ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:Killbear, 2 years agao. IZUZU pick-up truck camping out in the middle of nowhere.

Wake up, big assed rusty nail in the tire. Tire flat and 50 min to the nearest garage in 100 degree heat.
Drove on the rim to the garage. 80 bux for a tire, 25 for a rusty used rim.

All on a truck worth about 25 bux.

seriously shitty.
[right][snapback]115834[/snapback][/right]
Kilbear is awsome, there isn't a garage in Parry Sound? ;)
scoobasteve,Jun 21 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:hah, you guys with your spare's are just lucky.... last time i checked the spare in my svt is flat.
[right][snapback]115855[/snapback][/right]

Heh, yeah I couldn't believe how pristine and airtight my spare was when the CAA guy yanked it outta the trunk that time.

I know I should get in the habit of checking the spare for air, but I have CAA so what do I care? :lol:

NefCanuck
Never had a tire blow out on me... I dont even carry a spare anymore lol.
CAA will bring me a tire if I need it.
Well..

my $19.00 fix has turned into a whole new tire...

I was so sure that the tire was still wierd I took the car to Ford and my buddy took it off and looked at it...

I WAS RIGHT

the tire is complete garbage...the patch was excellent but they obviously didnt bother to do a visual inspection at crappy tire or they woulda noticed the inside is shreading the entire way around!..

I cant believe that they let it go just to make $19.00

So, I'm off to crappy tire to get my refund right now!!
Great, thanks for the heads up bunny, looks like i will be staying away from Pirellis for my next tire purchase
See i burn my tires off before i have problems :lol:

I think i went through 13 tires one summer on my old 4 banger mustang, just roasting tires left and right. I made a city bus disappear on Lundy's Lane in the falls one night

My pirellis are done 36km and thats all they got 2/32 left

I had a mint set of 225/60r15 potenza's and hit a pothole and boom one was gone, so either way i dust tires fast
paolo,Jun 21 2005, 07:04 PM Wrote:Great, thanks for the heads up bunny, looks like i will be staying away from Pirellis for my next tire purchase
[right][snapback]116019[/snapback][/right]

And my experience with Pirellis (indirectly through family and friends) has always been good. I've always understood them to be a premium tire manufacturer.

I wonder what's going on there lately?
I've always heard pirelli's compound is way too soft and burns out in no time...

I'll stick to
Michellin, Continental or Nexen! haha :lol:
I've always had luck with BFG, but next tires I buy I want to try Nitto's. Anybody have experience with them?