FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Update! So... My Focus Is Broken Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heh, Just like with my last focus. once the 60km mark is nearing I'm having quite a few problems.

The svt has been much better than my last ZX3, but its still had its share of problems.

In the first 30k

I had
Power Steering pump
Power Steering pressure line
Alternator
replaced.

30~50k
DSI Cable
Clutch recall...

Now 50K+
Rear wheel Bearings
Front wheel bearing.
Cat Heatshield.

here's the kicker. 2 weeks ago the car was in for service, to have the rear wheel bearings checked. I also complained about the clutch making the same rattling again. they said they possibly had to drop the tranny to check the parts.

now, this thursday, i drop the car off at the stereoshop i ussually deal with, to have the alarm installed. Check the km as i always do before i drop it off anywhere. 54895km on the odometer. good thing i remembered to check this time.

I get a call saturday morning, that the car is ready, but they ask me. if i notcied i have a leak coming from the transmission. So, i go down to pick up and check out the car. The car was sitting in gear in the bay where i left it . i noticed it was really stiff. we look under the car, and theres a puddle of transmisson fluid probably 2 feet in diameter.

I look under the car, i cant really see where the leak is coming from but the transmission is completley saturated. I've heard of the getrag leaking a bit of fluid. but only after a day at the track or something like that.

So as it stands right now, the car was towed to Erinwood ford in mississauga, and they say the car will be looked at shortly.

Any ideas what the problem could be.

If its anything major. I think it's time to get out of the focus again, and move on to a non-ford product.
:ph34r:
scoobasteve,Jun 20 2005, 11:52 AM Wrote:If its anything major. I think it's time to get out of the focus again, and move on to a non-ford product.
:ph34r:
[right][snapback]115660[/snapback][/right]

I tried to tell you when you were blinded by the SVT Y0... but you just didn't listen.

Chances are though Steve, they'll just replace the tranny and you'll be good as new.
i hope. time to call ford customer service. I hope they still have my name on file from the ZX3.

Hmmm, that altima SE-R has caught my eye though. I'm blinded by the BLING!
You still got your powertrain warranty right? New trans and your set! Thank you Ford. B)
I still have the warranty. For 5000km more. I'm gonna call ford. i want them to give me an extended warranty on the powertrain.
Get them to give it to you for free :P
thats the plan... it seems that if you look at the getrag funny it goes.
well i too have replaced my alt and clutch but ill never stray from ford . im true blue . so steve dont fret every car has its problems , just ask onwers.
sorry to hear your car is broken again.. but at the same time, isn't that part of the expectation you have as a ford owner? :P (sort of like my expectation that everyone thinks i'm a rice boy for driving a MaDD titE honda)
But the honda isn't in the shop every third week.

Steve, will you ever buy another Focus.?
Sadly yes... but not as my DD, id get one as a beater... a nice 01 or 02 sedan or wagon. allready had the ZX3, ZX5.

Erinwood still hasnt told me what's wrong. apparently they had to drop the tranny to check it out.
Bleh! the dealership still hasnt looked at my car yet. the transmission guy has been tied up with a job for the last day.

I want my car back. :(
what did they give you for a loaner???
I don't get a loaner because i'm not 21. but if my mom wasnt so lazy to go pick up the loaner i think they said it was a cobalt or epica or something.
if focus break when new.... it will prolly ditch you on the side of the road when its 15yr old for sure
hey steve, how did you know the wheel bearings where going or gone? i have a sound coming from the front wheels, kinda sounds like "whomp, whomp, whomp" when i'm driving highway speeds, i'm not to sure if it's the tires or if it's wheel bearings. my conti's are getting pretty worn and i heard it makes more road noise as they get older.... i wonder if it could be that?
SLIP STREAM SVT,Jun 22 2005, 08:09 AM Wrote:hey steve, how did you know the wheel bearings where going or gone? i have a sound coming from the front wheels, kinda sounds like "whomp, whomp, whomp" when i'm driving highway speeds, i'm not to sure if it's the tires or if it's wheel bearings. my conti's are getting pretty worn and i heard it makes more road noise as they get older.... i wonder if it could be that?
[right][snapback]116086[/snapback][/right]

me to, but I'm pretty sure its flat spots on the khumos. The noise appeared shortly after the turbo was put on. :ph34r:

I should get that checked since I only have 350km of warranty left. :lol:
Flofocus,Jun 22 2005, 08:36 AM Wrote:
SLIP STREAM SVT,Jun 22 2005, 08:09 AM Wrote:hey steve, how did you know the wheel bearings where going or gone? i have a sound coming from the front wheels, kinda sounds like "whomp, whomp, whomp" when i'm driving highway speeds, i'm not to sure if it's the tires or if it's wheel bearings. my conti's are getting pretty worn and i heard it makes more road noise as they get older.... i wonder if it could be that?
[right][snapback]116086[/snapback][/right]

me to, but I'm pretty sure its flat spots on the khumos. The noise appeared shortly after the turbo was put on. :ph34r:

I should get that checked since I only have 350km of warranty left. :lol:
[right][snapback]116092[/snapback][/right]

The bearings tend to make a "whomp whomp whomp" sound, however, I has a couple of my sets go causing a "whirrring" noise.
yeha, i thought it was my tires.. turned out to be the bearings. Go have em checked. erinwood replaced them no questions asked.
Update!!!! I just got a call from erinwood. Somehow the driverside axle seal blew out... :ph34r: :blink: ... How does that even happen
Pages: 1 2