FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help With Rear Disc Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well I've replaced the rear pads, (hawks) and also checked & cleaned the calipers and pistons..reasembled and bleed them( just the rear).,.... but still the pedal goes all the way down like a sponge...

could this be more air on the system??
cause, I didnt bleed the front ones since I didnt touch them, anyways,
but since a lot of ppl said that u have to bleed all the 4 of them..dont know...
should I go to..... :( MIDAS?? :( :huh: :o :ph34r:
cause the dealer is a NO.NO for me...

thanx guys
try bleeding the fronts and rears again?
I will but have no one to help me....so I think ...... :blink: MIDAS :huh: will do it for me....cause at least I can look at the car while they are working on it...

thanx..!!!
Now getting to MIDAS should be a lot of fun!
with the master cylinder being higher than the calipers, you can just gravity bleed them. Just open up ONE bleeder screw at a time and you should get whatever bubbles are in them, out.
gravity bleeding works wonders. let them drip for a while, tighten them up and pump up the pedal, move to the next bleeder screw.

or just go get someone to give you a hand... you have to have a buddy/neighbour/family/enemy that can sit and press a pedal for you...?
well I got the brake fluid drained...ppl say its good to get it replaced every couple of years...but still dont feel the pedal like it was before...what could it be??
still have the feeling of spongieness at the pedal...
anyone..or should I wait till the BBQ to get FULL help?? ;)

thanx!!!!!!!!