FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hate Where The Alternator Is Mounted!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working away on my car tonite, decided it would be a good time to start removing alternator to replace next week as my car is going to be under the knife until turbo is on and tuned.

start working at it, there are 3 bolts, one up top, 2 on the bottom side and one holding plastic sheild on. Holy crap is is tight in there!!!

not to mention that no sites have a how to for the duratec. where im at now is all bolts are removed, 2 are studs. working on trying to get tensioner to well... reduce tension. not working so well for me!! after that i gotta figure out how to get it the heck outta there and disconnect the wiring.
such a PITA. well wish me luck, my smoke break has now ended.

ill post up a how to after im done with pictures. might as well help some of you other guys out for the future!
lol, even 2.5/3.0 duratec v6's :|

looking at the engine, its top left and at the bottom- good 2 day job! lol
well after a bit more fighting, it is out. did not have to remove passenger side axle either!

since my header was out, it made more room to come out top. not only that, but what i did was removed the top stud into the motor to allow even more room, its one long ass stud tell ya what. now the tricky part will be getting new one in, installing plactic sheild once past valve cover and then re installing stud, then sliding onto studs, re install belt, tighted all bolts and move forward.

about f***ing time, took me 1.5 hours to remove it so.... not bad for where it is mount. this thing is DIRTY to the max, like black and it even still smells kinda funky town. compared to rest of engine bay its disgusting...

anyways, back to ripping stuff apart, redoing hood and whatever. write up will come when i do re install some time within the next week possibly next weekend.

thanks for listening to my babbling
Haynes has made a book to expand the focus to the 2007 now. I gotta go pick one up.
ya if i wanna remove passenger side axle i would do that haha do you go by the book? i dont
Yeah dude, the other day I was just inspecting my engine bay and looked down to the alternator and said to myself that I'm going to dread the day I need the change that thing, she's deep in there!
to get at it, you need to be first off, a skinny basterd, and secondly need long girl like fingers. you also need long arms too.

make sure to have a ratcheting 15mm wrench aswell because a deep socket aint quite deep enuff for the nuts on the studs. theres a plastic cover aswell on it and it needs to be removed in order to have room to pull the thing out. its just an overall gay piece of crap. even with header out of the way it was still tight for removal.
GFXjamie,Mar 28 2010, 01:44 PM Wrote:ya if i wanna remove passenger side axle i would do that haha do you go by the book? i dont
[right][snapback]304066[/snapback][/right]

Just like you need instructions to put your turbo in... I'll be sending the stage 2 ones shortly. Can't find the stage 1 yet.
GFXjamie,Mar 29 2010, 09:19 AM Wrote:to get at it, you need to be first off, a skinny basterd, and secondly need long girl like fingers. you also need long arms too.

make sure to have a ratcheting 15mm wrench aswell because a deep socket aint quite deep enuff for the nuts on the studs. theres a plastic cover aswell on it and it needs to be removed in order to have room to pull the thing out. its just an overall gay piece of crap. even with header out of the way it was still tight for removal.
[right][snapback]304096[/snapback][/right]

lol well I guess I'm screwed, my arms are huge and my fingers are stubby haha
meh i did it, i have stubby finger and big arms to lol

as for FSW stage 2 directions, well how the heck else will i know what pipe goes where!? LOL with removing and reinstalling, well thats easy, i just tear s*** out and hope to god it goes back in LOL

i just need basic directions for where piping goes and what to do with stuff like oil lines and water lines. besides that everything is fairly sraight forward aslong as my intercooler isnt mounted on my windsheild LOL