FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Law, What And What Not To Do!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the californian law and it explains what is, and what is not legal in their state, most of these are common sense to me and even tho its for California i think it does sound the same for Ontario.
Next question, is there a site like this in Ontario that we can go and read the laws in ENGLISH, rather then some complex gibberish?
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

thanks Mo

EDIT, i know radar dedectors are not legal here in Ontario
That's a pretty good list even tho there are some differences between ours and theirs... don't think we have anything other than the HTA
There was a book out not too long ago, called The Legal Guide to Modding Your Car in Ontario. I picked up my copy from Performance Improvements.
ok, californians cant tint there front side windows ??? thats a dumb law.... so are illegal color of side markers, illegal decorative lights, even if they are not on.
and to think im moving there in a year. anyone know how to un-tint a window ? i thought they ere the home base of car culture? how is that possible if they cant mod their cars ??

edit - it says that a car side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting. does that mean ford factory tint will be ok ?

also, it is legal for motorcyclists to split lanes? holy crap, can they do that here ?
PDW,Jun 19 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:ok, californians cant tint there front side windows ??? thats a dumb law.... so are illegal color of side markers, illegal decorative lights, even if they are not on.
and to think im moving there in a year. anyone know how to un-tint a window ? i thought they ere the home base of car culture? how is that possible if they cant mod their cars ??

edit - it says that a car side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting. does that mean ford factory tint will be ok ?

also, it is legal for motorcyclists to split lanes? holy crap, can they do that here ?
[right][snapback]115446[/snapback][/right]

as long as its factory tint its ok, factory tint does not cover the front window or the driver+pasenger side windows. the tint usually starts from the back windows. as for it being against the law, i've been to Cali too many times and trust me everyone and their mothers got tinted windows. lots of things are against the law but that doesnt mean you can't do it. as long as the officer can see who is the driver at night time you are safe.

sorry to hijack the thread but my front sides are tinted and have little ford logos on the bottom corner with the tinting info where the tinting company usually puts there logo...thats weird