FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Interested In A Demo At The Bbq?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today our friend Microbunny stopped by for a little toutorial on detailing the car. He brought a bucket full of goodies and showed me some great tips on retaining and replenishing the finish on my car. I thought I knew what I was doing all this time and took pride in the way my car looked after I was done with it. I used a clay bar for the time today and I can't believe the difference! My car's finish has not been this smooth since the day I brought it home. I worked the clay bar in troubled areas and couldn't believe the effectiveness of it.

Microbunny, being an employee of an auto detailing shop in Burlington, has kindly offered to do a little totorial at my BBQ for people interested in learning the tips and tricks of the trade when it comes to cleaning, waxing and taking care of your paint.

He is prepared to show you how to safely and effectively clean your engine bay as well. Apparently he has access to some great products and has offered his knowledge to anyone interested.

I thought this would be neat for some of the newbies out there that are coming out for the day and might not be aware of some of the tricks when it comes to keeping your car looking bling.

He has offered to show us all how it;s done.

I'd like to extend an invite to anyone interested to come down around noon and wash the cars with Microbunny.

If your interested, please post here and run out and buy a clay bar kit. Bring it to the meet and we can tack on a little detail day to the chain of events.

Cheers

a.d.
I'm in! as the owner of a black focus i can use all the help i can get!!!!
Sweet!! I have a used clay bar... but I'll buy a new one just for this! So now I guess I'm leaving here around 7:30 am !!!! Oh Yeah!!!

Great!

I thought this could be useful for everyone.

Even if you don't partake, you can watch and learn.
I wonder if microbunny does seminars fly him out here to sask. :D
Phantom,Jun 18 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:I wonder if microbunny does seminars fly him out here to sask. :D
[right][snapback]115323[/snapback][/right]

Apparently he works for a few beers and a pizza. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:
Phantom,Jun 18 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:I wonder if microbunny does seminars fly him out here to sask. :D

[right][snapback]115324[/snapback][/right]

Does he pay for his own gas then???? I think we can get the pizza and beer :lol:
Can the bunny polish my knob? It's just a little rusty and needs to have it's pipe's cleaned.

meford4u,Jun 18 2005, 10:59 PM Wrote:Can the bunny polish my knob?  It's just a little rusty and needs to have it's pipe's cleaned.
[right][snapback]115330[/snapback][/right]

Some times when things get too old, used, and just plain filthy...its time to cut your loses and say goodbye!! B)
SL8RZZX3,Jun 18 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:I'm in! as the owner of a black focus i can use all the help i can get!!!!
[right][snapback]115301[/snapback][/right]

Yes, you do! Bring your ride...I must see that goodness in person man!!

ZX3guy2000,Jun 18 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:Sweet!!  I have a used clay bar... but I'll buy a new one just for this!  So now I guess I'm leaving here around  7:30 am !!!!  Oh Yeah!!!
[right][snapback]115304[/snapback][/right]

Yeh, looks like you will have to leave earlier and bring some beer!!! B)

ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2005, 09:26 PM Wrote:Great!

I thought this could be useful for everyone.

Even if you don't partake, you can watch and learn.
[right][snapback]115309[/snapback][/right]

He's right...this is like a once in a lifetime chance to actually hear and see me do something useful@@

Phantom,Jun 18 2005, 09:58 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:

NO!

[right][snapback]115324[/snapback][/right]

YES!!

Does he pay for his own gas then???? I think we can get the pizza and beer :lol:
[right][snapback]115325[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately YES! and....mmmmmmmmm...pizzzzA & BEEEEEERRRr
Some info I found--kit ranges from $20-24.99

[Image: mothersclaybarkit.gif]

Mothers™ California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System

This cutting edge system pulls out contaminants that washing leaves behind.

Clay is an amazing detailing tool. Whether natural or synthetic, clay bars will clean automotive paint more thoroughly than washing alone can. Particles of dirt, dust, and all sorts of road grime become lodged in the paint or clear coat. They are often imperceptible to the naked eye, but you can feel grit if you run your fingers along your vehicle. Though you can’t see them, high performance waxes will reveal dull spots where these particles have not been removed from the paint. Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System will completely remove these contaminants so your final layer of wax reveals only a mirror-smooth shine.

Mothers Clay Bar is synthetic clay designed to create an intensely clean, smooth finish. Clay works by literally pulling tiny particles from the paint as you glide it over the surface of your vehicle. To make the clay move smoothly, you need a lubricant. The Paint Saving System includes Showtime Instant Detailer, which makes the surface incredibly slick. Just spray a small area of a clean, cool vehicle with Showtime Instant Detailer. Rub Mothers Clay Bar over the wet area. It will grab at first; this means it is pulling out contaminants. Once it moves freely, the surface is totally clean. Your paint will shine with the paint’s natural luster and feel impeccably smooth.

Mothers Clay Bar will remove tree sap, grains of metal, overspray, bug remains, hard water deposits, airborne particles, and dirt. And the clay is malleable so you can reform it so you always have a clean side to work with. The clay bar is completely safe on all paints and clear coats, and will not scratch the paint in any way.

The Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System also comes with a sample bottle of Mothers Original Carnauba Cleaner Wax. This extraordinary wax will produce the ultimate high-impact shine on your paint while gently polishing minor paint imperfections. Try it out after you’ve used Mothers Clay Bar to bring out the full potential of your paint. You can even follow up the wax with the Showtime Detailer to enhance the liquid shine.

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Paint Saving System will literally save your paint from a dull, scratched future. Use the system every time you wash your vehicle for a truly clean finish that will improve the performance of your wax and render the ultimate shine.
^^^

usefull to anyone interested.
Interesting... might go to Crappy this week and grab one before the BBQ!
you should get some, they'll be a bunch of us doing the same thing.
after the claybar the car needs to be waxed though. If youre not careful... the wax will dam up your paint in the sun.
im interested, bunny can you do my car?
paolo,Jun 21 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:im interested, bunny can you do my car?
[right][snapback]115981[/snapback][/right]

Perhaps you don't understand..

I'm not 'doing' anyones car....you do your own, I just provide tips and encouragement

I'm a lazy s.o.b...I'm going to have you buff my ride...biatch
microbunny,Jun 21 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:

I'm not 'doing' anyones car....you do your own, I just provide tips and encouragement

[right][snapback]116034[/snapback][/right]

I'll vouche for that.
:angry:
ANTHONYD,Jun 22 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 21 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]116034[/snapback][/right]

I'll vouche for that.
[right][snapback]116116[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wish I could be there to sip a beer and watch the show.
Pages: 1 2