FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focusless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it's gone. still here but gone on Tuesday. As predicted I had to trade it in to get rid of it. I/we are now proud owners of a 2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI with all options. Christ are they expensive. It better get 50mpg like they claim!! We are very happy with the car and hope it continues to be as nice as it was on the test drive. The TDI in the Passat feels much stronger than the jetta/golf/beetle TDI despite only having 34 more hp (134 vs 100). I'll give a better review after I actually get the car.

Anyone want to buy a 98 Windstar limited with 270,000 km's on it?? 3grand as is.
A sad day but a long time comming...soon there will be more ppl on here without a focus than with one :lol:
Steve, in the nicest way possible, I wish you the best with your VW.

But your out-to-lunch on the price of that Windstar. $1000 if your lucky.

Best of luck though

Hold the press!! I am the one out to lunch. Apparently these pieces of crap we built are the cats ass.

According to this seller anyway.

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...egory=202&CAT=2

Sorry to hijack your thread but that is too funny. I hope the Windstar served you well and you get close to what you want.

It seems like autotrader won't let me link to their site. It was a 1998 Windstar, do a search for it under trucks, it's on the first page. 107,000km for only $48,000.

A little more than new.
Sorry to hear that your SVTF is gone, and even more sorry that you had to trade it in to get rid of it. But then I remember that you still have an SVT vehicle in your driveway and I don't feel as sorry anymore. Enjoy that Cobra!
Make sure you stay in touch.

Good luck with that VW.
Quote:But your out-to-lunch on the price of that Windstar. $1000 if your lucky.

Shhhhhh!!!!!
bluetoy,Jun 18 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:
Quote:But your out-to-lunch on the price of that Windstar. $1000 if your lucky.

Shhhhhh!!!!!
[right][snapback]115297[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say! :rolleyes: :lol:
Hopefully you get a good vw... good luck with it.
tdot-zx3,Jun 19 2005, 04: Wrote:Hopefully you get a good vw... good luck with it.
[right][snapback]115376[/snapback][/right]

Can't be any worse than a Ford.. Mind you I have always had good luck with Fords. The Van has 270,000 on it and it has given me zero problems since 47,000 kms when the trans was rebuilt and the p/s replaced.

Although in the 42,000 km's on the Focus I have changed these things. Lumbar support, Front O2 sensor, Fuel cap, Computer reflash, fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump controller, power steering pressure hose, Rear O2 sensor, sunroof wind deflector and recently the passenger side power window mechanism failed (I repaired it instead of replaceing it). So the Vdub can't be much worse, also it has bumper to bumper warranty for 4yrs/80,000. It is also built in Germany not Mexico like other VW cars.
i just hope it's nothing like the MK4 golfs and Jetta's with the wiring from hell! i have yet to see one mk4 that hasn't had some sort of wiring issue, one of my customers has had his mk4 jetta vr6 in the shop 8 times for wiring issues all of which were never full resolved!

all cars have problems, except toyota's! but toyota seems like they don't want to put any fun into their cars anymore?
Steve, my father gets a regular 1300km's on 1 tank with his TDI. His is in a Jetta wagon, so hes got the 100hp one...

I dont think you'll be disappointed, my father swears by this car. B)
Flofocus,Jun 19 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:I dont think you'll be disappointed, my father swears by this car.  B)
[right][snapback]115477[/snapback][/right]

I only swear at my car

Congrats Steve.
Raine,Jun 19 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 19 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:I dont think you'll be disappointed, my father swears by this car.  B)
[right][snapback]115477[/snapback][/right]

I only swear at my car

Congrats Steve.
[right][snapback]115483[/snapback][/right]

Hahaha, Burn!
meford4u,Jun 18 2005, 06:48 PM Wrote:Steve, in the nicest way possible, I wish you the best with your VW.

But your out-to-lunch on the price of that Windstar.  $1000 if your lucky.

Best of luck though

Hold the press!!  I am the one out to lunch.  Apparently these pieces of crap we built are the cats ass.

According to this seller anyway.

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...egory=202&CAT=2

Sorry to hijack your thread but that is too funny.  I hope the Windstar served you well and you get close to what you want.

It seems like autotrader won't let me link to their site.  It was a 1998 Windstar, do a search for it under trucks, it's on the first page.  107,000km for only $48,000.

A little more than new.
[right][snapback]115289[/snapback][/right]

I sold the Van today for 2300 as is. I guess I wasn't that much out to lunch. BTW it was just parked at the end of my driveway with a little sign in the window... :P :P :P :P
Congratulations on the new car though. Hope you enjoy it!
u gusy telling him to be careful with the VW and you all drive focus' teh KING on RECALLs :lol:
DD1,Jun 25 2005, 01:53 AM Wrote:u gusy telling him to be careful with the VW and you all drive focus' teh KING on RECALLs :lol:
[right][snapback]117252[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: Ain't that the truth !! B)