FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bloody Christ!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its dumping here. All the streets are flooded in a matter of seconds :o and poor focus was in it all. It did see a small bit of hail but I rushed the car under a gas station lot ASAP. Driving home was brutal!!!

Im so happy I didnt have the s/c on or a CAI on. My belt was squeeling all the way home. I think it easily dumped more then 1 inch of rain in a matter of seconds and its still going.

Got home finally and glad to have the car back in the garage. Of course I had to shammy it and check for any damage. NOPE! All good :D
[Image: IMG_2260.jpg]
almost 2 hours later and its still dumping out.

bloody warm outside to still for being so late. +20.
Apparently Melville (just east of Regina about an hour?) declared a state of emergency yesterday from the rain. They got 4" in less then an hour and I heard on the radio that up to 400 homes had flooded basements. It's a very small town, probably between 5000-7000 people.
[Image: Sydney%20gals%20-%20Paddle%20Salute.jpg]
Shoulda posted all this in my severe weather thread ;)
S2,Jun 18 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:Apparently Melville (just east of Regina about an hour?) declared a state of emergency yesterday from the rain.  They got 4" in less then an hour and I heard on the radio that up to 400 homes had flooded basements.  It's a very small town, probably between 5000-7000 people.
[right][snapback]115208[/snapback][/right]

Actually Melville calls themself a city. I saw the news report and the storm was pretty bad. It is supposed to do the same today. I hope it is nicer in S'toon today as that is were I"m off to right now.
MY freind Leah who drove from Stoon to Regina yesterday said there were times she had to pull over becuase it was so bad. She ran into a few storms and even saw tornados going on in the feilds. Pretty crazy stuff.
The lightening last night was insane. I had to go pick up my sister from the rochdale area, prolly ended up in like 3 huge puddles. One vehicle driving beside me decided to go right thru this lake of a puddle and stalled his vehicle hah.
ANTHONYD,Jun 18 2005, 07:42 AM Wrote:[Image: Sydney%20gals%20-%20Paddle%20Salute.jpg]
[right][snapback]115214[/snapback][/right]

hey anthony, where did you get that pic from? looks like a pic from sudbury
yeah all week ive been driving like a puss caus of the rain or just wetness.. and now my rubber elbow on the TB has an openin (dunno boost was too much for it) and ive been leaking boost.. but i was scared that water would fall in it!
I came downstairs this morning to see a puddle at the bottom of the stairs. Didnt leak too badly but I think there's a good sized crack letting water in the corner of my basement.. this sucks.

Luckily I didnt have anything around where the water was.
ZX3TUNR,Jun 18 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:She ran into a few storms and even saw tornados going on in the feilds. Pretty crazy stuff.
[right][snapback]115244[/snapback][/right]

Fvcking awesome... I have to come out there one day
I have yet to see it myself.

Me and Jarrod were joking along the way to saskatoon if we saw a tornado we were hopping out putting a brick on the accel pedal and let the focus drive straight in.

Its pretty crazy how when your on the hwy the weather can change so fast. Its like Wizard of Oz out here.