FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Powerworks Dyno'ed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm happy with where it is, all things considered...
the tune is not "perfect" so there are some high and low spots that need to be addressed, nothing serious but by no means "optimized for my car".
there is still tons of power left in this car, running the Raptor with the wideband on the dyno really shows where the gaps are and there is 20-25fwhp and 15-20lb/ft easily to be had with just a basic clean up, more if we do some serious dyno and street tuning. the car is actually running a bit on the lean side, nothing unsafe but once again not optimized.

http://www.zx3tuning.com/images/pics/dyno.jpg
the car did not hit 12psi because my free flowing exhaust and only 10psi was registering until just before fuel cut where it just hit into the 11s.

my fuel pump hit 100% duty cycle at 5000-fuel cut but never leaned out or dropped pressure at the fuel rail. because of that, a KB Boost-a-pump has been ordered as has a Diablo MAFia and FC boost upgrade pully to go along with the retune. this will produce about 12-14psi total and put down 250fwhp and 220lb/ft no problem.

IATs were between 95 and 125 on every run! we soaked the FMIC and let the car idle for a while betwen runs and saw an entire pull between 95-110 on my raptor! :headbang:
oh and it was about 20C out today and raining hard on and off.

like i said, i'm happy with it all things considered, it drives fantastic and loves to be opened up! the dyno opperator who knows little to nothing about the focus other than having dynoed and driven my car a few times said he thought it was worth the asking price... and he builds and tunes 300+fwhp cars day in and day out...? :ninja:
Thats killer mitch...Cant wait to go driving in your car tommorow. It might even sway me towards buying one by the fall.
whoa that is sweet........super sweet
Great results you got there!!
wouldn't it be nice to have 200whp below 6,000 RPM?
I'm jealous!
hp is for bragging, torque wins races! ;)
the beauty of this kit is it's drivability... once the tune is dialed in the power will be seamless! Idle to redline it will just pull! no it doesn't have the big midrange rush of a turbo but it will make 150lb/ft just off idle in 4th. I cannot think of many if any turbo kits doing that for the focus right now.

i also like the fact that i basicly have 175+lb/ft from 2500-6000rpm

i believe the bump and dip at 2800 is from slightly letting off the throttle because looking at the data and graphs from the other runs we put down, it doesn't do that at all.... plus the "load" dropped off slightly on my Raptor at the same point??? :dunno:

oh and i just checked tha data files for the 218.3 pull, it only hit 10.7psi at redline.

this thing is a blast to drive on the street, but don't take my word, Bryn is going to get to drive it later tonight! :huh:
Okay i just seen the powerworks upclose and personal and before I say anthing im buying one. I suggest you do the same. Its like this supercharger was meant for this car stock right from the factory. Its an amazing drive and having that rush of speed is amazing. 200+hp and close to 200 torque is worth every penny. Im saving my pennies as we speak to hopefully boost my car by the end of the year.

So if you were on the fence of boost or not dont even think about it boost and do it soon. Now i have to wait to boost, damn Mitch and his car.
i'm surprized you turned down my offer to drive the car?! :huh:
either way, i'm glad you enjoyed it, you'll have to come back over once we get it retuned! ;)
i turned down driving it becuase i had been drinking the whole day lol probably wouldnt have been legal...next time for sure ill be test driving it probably at the Dyno Day if you go.