FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Severe Weather In Alberta And Sask.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We had a few Tornadoes in Ontario last weekend, but lately all I've heard on the news is how you guys are getting s**t on by mother nature. Just wanted to check in and see what the situation really is like..
Alberta is getting it pretty bad...

in sask we are just getting windy and rainy days, then a georgous sunny day, then cool and raining, then windy and raing for a week, then half a sunny day...and some tornado warnings.

one selling oint for moving out here was that it gets the most sunny days out of anywhere in Canada...

I GOT SCAMMED
this is the worst summer i have seen in a while
FocusGuy7476,Jun 17 2005, 09:54 PM Wrote:this is the worst summer i have seen in a while
[right][snapback]115124[/snapback][/right]

thats what everyone says...i dont believe it!! I got bamboozeled!!
Been raining pretty much non stop for the past 2 weeks again. its bloody hot today, but last night or the night before there was a funnel cloud above Regina and we didn't even get a weather warning!?!?!?!
The rivers are up to the top, there's flooding in lower area's, and on properties along the river.

It's supposed to rain non-stop for the next 3 days, and the rivers and other flooded area's haven't receeded enough for us to accomodate this excess water. The ground can't absorb anymore water, because of the past few summers of drought, there's that layer in the soil that prevents water absorbtion under the surface.

I'm sure there will be more tornado warnings soon, once these storms increase in severity over the flat lands. Flood warnings are already in effect for the area's that were flooded out just a couple weeks ago (High River, Old Man River).

First we complain that we're not getting enough water, now we're getting too much.
Man its crazy hot today. We going to get hit again with another thunderstorm.
They spotted tornado clouds the other day.

Dont worry we wont need the army to come in :lol: Us western Canadians can deal with the weather :P
I heard Calgary was going to be getting 90 mm of rain today.. that's a lot of friggin rain
Its flooding in Medicine Hat :S

I was supposed to go there to see my sister.
We had a down pour for almost 3 hour this moring amounting to around 3" of rain. There have been weather warnig all day.
In the afternoon it was 27 degrees and humid as he**.
Where I work we only have AC in the hallways and it isn't turned on until we complain to maintance about for an hour.
27 doesn't call for a/c :P a couple fans and you'll be fine. Last week here we were at 33 w/o humidity...
Ahh my freakin mom won't turn on the a/c in the house... only 27degrees and 75% humidity. Her excuse ohh it's nice out. **** Dat Noise. I just sat in my car with the a/c on max for a while. And there is a weather warning for sask for tornado's

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/stormwatch/
Quote:
People in Southern Saskatchewan will have to watch out for severe thunderstorms beginning Friday evening. Conditions across the region, especially around Regina towards Yorkton and near the Manitoba border, will be favourable for the development of supercell thunderstorms containing downpours, large hail and possible tornadoes. Localized rainfall amounts could exceed 100 mm in some areas.

As residents brace for tornadic activity, many are reminded of the province's sensational legacy. Regina has the destinction of being home to the deadliest tornado in Canadian history. On June 30th, 1912, 300 km/hr winds ripped through the heart of the city killing 28 people, flattening buildings and leaving 2,500 people homeless.
Raine,Jun 17 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:27 doesn't call for a/c :P a couple fans and you'll be fine. Last week here we were at 33 w/o humidity...
[right][snapback]115170[/snapback][/right]

Oh yes it does. :(
I work in a nursing home, so I don't sit on my ass all day.Getting resident up in the morning is hard work and we have very little down time.We have 60 people to look after, with a ratio of 10/1(resident/staff).Plus add in the factor that 75% of them have alzheimers.Also I work 12 hr shifts.
It's like 3am here, the wind is INSANE, I've never seen it like this before that I can remember. The weather network is saying 60km/hr wind with gusts to 78km/hr. It's settled down the last 15 minutes or so..... woke me up.
It was raining HARD all the way from 5:00 pm yesterday to at least 3:00 am this morning when I woke up.

Last night when I was driving home from work, I was so nevous. All the intersections that were at the bottom of hills were LAKES, and I have a CAI; GREAT!

Most of the flooding on the streets has receeded except for a few places, but that was a LOT of rain! There were RIVERS going down the gutters on the street and culverts between houses. Now we just have lots of mud holes on construction sites, undeveloped properties, and those of us without landscaping yet (I live in a new area).

I didn't go anywhere last night for fear of getting stuck in a pond, and it was dangerous to drive anywhere cuz your wipers just couldn't seem to go fast enough.