FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hitchhikers Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious if anybody here would pick up a hitchhiker.
natasha,Jun 17 2005, 03:29 PM Wrote:Just curious if anybody here would pick up a hitchhiker.
[right][snapback]115068[/snapback][/right]

Not when I was the only one in the car, that's for damn sure. I may sound like a cynic but I like being alive thanks :P

NefCanuck
depends if i have my gun in the car..

seriously, i dont know, depends on good looking the person is.. never did it though
if its a semi good looking girl yes...

and they abide by my bumper sticker

"Ass, Cash, or Grass...nobody rides for free."
Haha..interesting poll. NEVER.

Now if I was single and it was a nice looking girl....
I think those nice looking girls are the most dangerous ones TO pick up... but my answer would be no. Saw two kids hitch hiking on our way out of Algonquin, just kept going... might sound cruel to some but I don't think it's safe.

Strange poll, Nat. Why this question?
Me and some friends once picked up a couple of hitchhikers (who had stolen 2 of our skateboards 1 hour prior - they didnt know they were ours) We acted like nothing was up, and pretented to be driving them in the direction they wanted to go. Then took a couple of side roads drove them into the middle of nowhere and kicked the s**t out of them. I dont think Ive ever felt so satisfied in my life :)
lordkingod,Jun 17 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:Me and some friends once picked up a couple of hitchhikers (who had stolen 2 of our skateboards 1 hour prior - they didnt know they were ours) We acted like nothing was up, and pretented to be driving them in the direction they wanted to go. Then took a couple of side roads drove them into the middle of nowhere and kicked the s**t out of them.  I dont think Ive ever felt so satisfied in my life :)
[right][snapback]115100[/snapback][/right]
Revenge, how sweet it is, i hope you beat them really good :ph34r:
crazikev,Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Jun 17 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:Me and some friends once picked up a couple of hitchhikers (who had stolen 2 of our skateboards 1 hour prior - they didnt know they were ours) We acted like nothing was up, and pretented to be driving them in the direction they wanted to go. Then took a couple of side roads drove them into the middle of nowhere and kicked the s**t out of them.  I dont think Ive ever felt so satisfied in my life :)
[right][snapback]115100[/snapback][/right]
Revenge, how sweet it is, i hope you beat them really good :ph34r:
[right][snapback]115104[/snapback][/right]

LMAO violent fukers
Raine,Jun 17 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:Strange poll, Nat. Why this question?
[right][snapback]115092[/snapback][/right]

Just curious to see if anyone else would pick up a hitch hiker. I have a couple of times, one was a guy who ran out of gas while I was on one of my 'sunday drives' and the other was an older man going to the store by my parents place last Canada day. I guess it's a ' pay it forward' way of thinking. I still remember when I was about seven and we lived in Wooler (outside of trenton) the car my mother was driving ran out of gas (the gas tank leaked and the fuel gauge didn't work). It was really hot out and my two younger sisters were with us at the time. My mother got us all out of the car and we all started walking to the nearest gas station. On the way a truck with two guys pulled over and offered us a ride to the gas station. One of the guys stayed at the gas station/resturant with us girls and got us icecream cones, while the other took my mother back to the car with the gas to fill it up. When my mother got back she offered to pay the guy for the icecream cones, but he refussed. I'm not saying that I don't care about my personal safety, I wouldn't pick up someone who looked crazy or I didn't feel comfortable picking up or at night, it's just why not take the time to help someone else out.
natasha,Jun 17 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:
Raine,Jun 17 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:Strange poll, Nat. Why this question?
[right][snapback]115092[/snapback][/right]

Just curious to see if anyone else would pick up a hitch hiker. I have a couple of times, one was a guy who ran out of gas while I was on one of my 'sunday drives' and the other was an older man going to the store by my parents place last Canada day. I guess it's a ' pay it forward' way of thinking. I still remember when I was about seven and we lived in Wooler (outside of trenton) the car my mother was driving ran out of gas (the gas tank leaked and the fuel gauge didn't work). It was really hot out and my two younger sisters were with us at the time. My mother got us all out of the car and we all started walking to the nearest gas station. On the way a truck with two guys pulled over and offered us a ride to the gas station. One of the guys stayed at the gas station/resturant with us girls and got us icecream cones, while the other took my mother back to the car with the gas to fill it up. When my mother got back she offered to pay the guy for the icecream cones, but he refussed. I'm not saying that I don't care about my personal safety, I wouldn't pick up someone who looked crazy or I didn't feel comfortable picking up or at night, it's just why not take the time to help someone else out.
[right][snapback]115107[/snapback][/right]

when i started reading the part about, one guy stayed with us and got ice cream, the other went with my mom...

i said to myself "and the murder/kidnapping happens...NOW"

if i had a pickup truck i would pick them up, make em jump in the back, and thats all good...but sitting besdie me...NAH
Yeah it's not even the crazy looking ones you have to worry about so much... sometimes is the ones that look as normal as anyone else that are the serial killers and rapists.. I don't care if it makes me look unkind or whatever, I wouldn't pick one up
yep...if im driving my truck....not the coupe..!
and also if the case its like an emergency...
I think there is a difference between a hitchhiker and a person stranded. I've stopped to help folks before. Even given them my maps to make sure they got where they were headed.
I only picked up a hitchiker once, there was 3 of us and 1 of him.
I do honk and wave though....maybe that's mean....

I agree with redsvtfocus, ride the back of the truck.
I have picked people up, but just in emergency conditions! I try to be carefull but still helpful!
huge difference between stranded people and hitchhikers. I'd personally go for the hot chick :D. As for your everday hitchhikers well I do honk as well. I value my life and rather not be killed by some freaking serial killer.
I would have to frisk the girls before I let them in...

I wouldnt bother picking up the guys... I got played BAD one time doing a hitchhiker-like person a favour... *thumbsdown*