FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sweat Merciful Crap!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I expected to pay a bit to have the brakes serviced (aftermarket units afterall)...but also had the dealership look and see if there were signs of wildlife elswhere (pulled bits of muffin out of the engine compartment yesterday) and check a clunking coming from the exhaust that was a warranty unit after it froze solid in TBay.

total cost of bill ... $398 :blink: :blink:

$200 for the brakes (ok.. an hour per brake.. sure.. whatever... at least it's bolted on properly).

$50 - remove window cowling and remove possible nest site.

$100 - for realigning the aftermarket exhaust

I'm puzzled by the aftermarket exhaust.. because it should be a stock unit installed as warranty when my original exhaust froze in Thunder Bay!!!! IF YOU'RE IN THUNDERBAY, DON'T BUY s**t FROM PINEWOOD! THEY SUCK BALLS... i thought they may have improved since buying out intercity ford, but noooooooo... dam asshats... not sure how I'm going to go about getting my money back... bay is fine if I can prove it's OEM, but if the system isn't an oem unit, I'm screwed out of the labour for it.

man... my luck is great with the car.. it's dam terrible with the people working on it.
Possible nest site? wtf does that mean.

what was wrong with the exhaust? was it rattling? I think that was a sign to finally put on pats
Wow I had no I dea you were having exaust problems.
scoobasteve,Jun 17 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Possible nest site? wtf does that mean.

what was wrong with the exhaust? was it rattling?  I think that was a sign to finally put on pats
[right][snapback]115030[/snapback][/right]

Pat's needs recoating, a cat and an install.. all money I didn't have before I spent money on more repairs... I honestly thought the exhaust issue (hitting underbody) was a warranty issue.

Thing is with the exhaust clunking, the knock sensor actually picked it up and retarded timing... and THAT is annoying.

Quote:Thing is with the exhaust clunking, the knock sensor actually picked it up and retarded timing...  and THAT is annoying.
[right][snapback]115049[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap! I knew the knock sensor was sensitive, but DAMN! :blink: I'm suprised the sub in the hatch doesn't set it off.
SVT ZX3,Jun 17 2005, 10:07 PM Wrote:
Quote:Thing is with the exhaust clunking, the knock sensor actually picked it up and retarded timing...  and THAT is annoying.
[right][snapback]115049[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap! I knew the knock sensor was sensitive, but DAMN! :blink: I'm suprised the sub in the hatch doesn't set it off.
[right][snapback]115165[/snapback][/right]

The focus knock sensor SUX!
Hmmm, don't know why you are complaining. If you didn't have the time to do the easy work....shoulda done it yourself..or for heavens sake, not bring it to FORD. :o
paying ppl to work on your car is one of those crappy things that just can't be avoided when you work monster hours i guess
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 18 2005, 01:30 AM Wrote:Hmmm, don't know why you are complaining. If you didn't have the time to do the easy work....shoulda done it yourself..or for heavens sake, not bring it to FORD. :o
[right][snapback]115190[/snapback][/right]

the brakes I was prepared for.. it's a matter of me not having the time, tools or expertise to do it myself in my underground parking garage.

My concern is more about the extra money spent on the bloody exhaust to have it checked. that should have been warranty work, becuase it's NOT an aftermarket exhaust (but it is.. )...

what I figured would cost a couple hundred cost me nearly $400... wouldn't you be a bit surprised?

it seems you're a bit quick to jump on people just because you have a well equipped garage that you can do everything at your convenient leisure... the rest of us aren't quite so fortunate, and tend to rely on ford for our warranty work.