FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Finally Found It! I Think :s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Im hoping this is the end of my exhaust leak madness. I put in the 4-1 race header and flex last winter and shortly after that I blew out the rear gasket. Fixed it up with a new gasket and RTV and worked like a charm.

Any way the other gasket blew next and that was a bloody dam stock gasket!!!! You know the ones that dont break. Will my snapped right in half and a chunk is missing. Any way RTV and new gasket and bam.

Month later I noticed a huge bog in my engine and nothing really noticable sound wise to give me the impression there was a leak. Figured it was the DPFE and through a CEL. Took it to Ford and nope. No DPFE. Ford was no dam help. They told me the code I though was P0133 and they didnt even bother resetting it. I asked the manager if he could tell me what it ment and he said they didnt know. RIGHT!!!!!!..................... :angry: He told me to come back with all my stock stuff back on then they could help. Till then he will call Ford the head office and find out what this P0133 means then call me back. That was like 3 weeks ago and still nothing. In the mean time I just resetted the ecu.

Car still ran really crappy and it still does. Only when starting off. No power at all anymore and when I mean no power my old SPI felt faster. Once I get going into higher RPMS it seems to run much better.

So any way engine light came back on 2 weeks after and is still on. I went to CDN and borrowed a OBDII reader for a second and same code. I found out what the code ment from Focal Jet

P0133 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Slow Response (HO2S-11) The HEGO Monitor checks the HO2S Sensor frequency and amplitude. If during testing the frequency and amplitude were to fall below a calibrated limit, the test will fail. Contaminated HO2S sensor.
Exhaust leaks.
Shorted /open wiring.
Improper fueling.
MAF sensor.
Deteriorating HO2S sensor.
Inlet air leaks.
Access HO2S test results from the Generic OBD-II menu to verify DTC.

Well s**t!!! Not as specific as I was hoping LOL. SO I checked all wiring and everything looks good. I removed and re conected all lines I touched when I had the blower on and those are all good to. Checked sensors and there good. I even got a new 1st o2 sensor since they just replaced it not to long ago. Even had my dad doubel check.

Fueling??? Well Im running stock ecu so that should be all stock except the fact im running premium..

I checked for leaks again and nothing. Till today :) I went and washed my engine bay to get rid of all the crap and junk off for the car show and today I look under my hood and what do I see coming from the block to header. A leak!!! Well crap. So this weekend im pulling the header off, getting a new gasket. I would really like to use the RTV stuff on the gasket but not sure if its a good idea on this part since its so close to the block?

Any way Im hoping this is the problem. Last thing it could be is the MAF. I just cleaned my maf not to long ago but is there a chance my MAF could be burnt out or would it throw a totaly different CEL if that was the case?

Thats my story!!!
My tale of CEL, crappy ford dealorship and haunting exahust leaks... T
ZX3TUNR,Jun 16 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:Car still ran really crappy and it still does. Only when starting off. No power at all anymore and when I mean no power my old SPI felt faster. Once I get going into higher RPMS it seems to run much better. 
[right][snapback]114855[/snapback][/right]
worse than an SPI starting out ? probably like a topaz! :lol: :lol:
:o hope my car didn't hear that :P
oh man its really bad slow. I remember with my last leak how slow it was. This is even worse.
Yeah, and exaust leak can't be good for HP.
I think im going to go get the FS header planed just to be sure.
Well I got a new gasket. They ended up selling me the wrong one lol. So got that or deal settled. Got the new gasket plus used the RTV orange stuff. Seems good. She got a nice cook session on the hwy and seems good. Engine light has yet to come back on.