FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: **** On My Windshield....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a bunch of spots, looks like about 50,000 tiny rock chips but they are not actual chips, you can scrape them off or smear them. I think it's tree wax or something.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it off easily? I was thinking the cirtus tar remover and a razor blade (carefully) or maybe something else that will scrub it but of course not scratch the glass.

I want to get this **** off definitely before I hit the highway for my summer holidays.

Suggestions?
well first try some rubbing acohol on a rag, if that doesn't work try water and vinegar in a spray bottle but use steel wool, remmember to have the window wet enough to not scratch it!
that should work
if not let me know
goo-gone (crappy tire), thats my best guess, and yeah a razor blade...
Windshield washer fluid. Yep that's right... damn popular tree's and their raindrop sap. My car is covered every day. I use my sprayers and poof gone. Or Goto your local touchless carwash and presto. If this is of course tree sap, which by the sounds of it when u said u can smear it it is. It's this wonderful time of the year in which we get sapped. You don't need no rubbin alcohol or goo gone. Washer fluid. or a car wash. Or those handy squeegee's at the gas stations. and some elboe grease.
Vim ... works wonders on glass
claybar and water yo!
I found that WD40 gets s**t off anything, but don't use it on your windows unless you like smears :)

clay bar could probably help, as you probably got that crap all over your paint too.....
tree sap??

chainsaw
A razor blade and dish soap for lubricant.

Also, I think rain-x makes a window stripper. It will remove all forign bodies.
Yeah I'm going to tackle it today. I got the razor blades, goo gone, tar remover (citrus stuff) and windex, WD40 although I'll try the others first, etc.

I'll report back.....
S2,Jun 17 2005, 10:13 AM Wrote:Yeah I'm going to tackle it today.  I got the razor blades, goo gone, tar remover (citrus stuff) and windex, WD40 although I'll try the others first, etc.

I'll report back.....
[right][snapback]114981[/snapback][/right]

Start in an incomspicuous area. The last thing you want is scratches.....
seriously just use your wipers. I do it every morning.
Phantom,Jun 17 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:seriously just use your wipers. I do it every morning.
[right][snapback]115005[/snapback][/right]

It's not something like that man, it's like TAR,WAX.

If you use the wipers it doesn't get rid of it. If you use a pressure washer and brush at the car wash it doesn't get rid of it.

It's something you need a 'chemical' to get it off with.
Don't use steel wool or the green scrub side of a sponge! The windshield will scratch for life as I found out on a previous car.
dBlast,Jun 17 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:Don't use steel wool or the green scrub side of a sponge!  The windshield will scratch for life as I found out on a previous car.
[right][snapback]115011[/snapback][/right]

Yeah It's soaking in goo gone right now, just using paper towels first and going from there...
you may have to use some solvent or sorts on it, i have used acrylic safe stuff or varsol is always good, even mild paint thinners and of course (keep away from paint) ... worst cases gas line antifreeze. other solotions just ask i am the master of disaster :lol: i can help yo
Lick it for a few hour's and let me know if it works. lol :P
Got most of it off, smeared to hell though, that crap is worse then tar for scrubbing it off. Anyway going to work on it a bit more. What is very strange is that it's not on the paint anywhere so not sure why that is.

Anyway, alot better..... the Goo Gone took alot of it off but the Tar remover seemed to 'soften' it.
S2,Jun 18 2005, 05:08 AM Wrote:Got most of it off, smeared to hell though, that crap is worse then tar for scrubbing it off.  Anyway going to work on it a bit more.  What is very strange is that it's not on the paint anywhere so not sure why that is. 

Anyway, alot better..... the Goo Gone took alot of it off but the Tar remover seemed to 'soften' it.
[right][snapback]115205[/snapback][/right]

Any word on the rest of the job?