FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Failed Etest?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i took my car in to get the etest done and it failed!?

They said it could be the cat, but i doubt it or it would throw a CEL right?

Or it could possibly be the superchip, because they say that the cylinder temp is up and that could be why it failed?!!

Should i remove the chip and try again?

man this is frustrating :angry2:
I'd definatley try removing the chip first. Its the cheapest soloution.
Also the last oil change i put in 5w30 royal purple and a bottle of lucas oil, could that have any effect?

oh and it only fail on one part-

NO ppm limit- 505 reading - 1037
Royal purple would do nothing but help your etest.
It could be your cat, seein ghtat you have a shorty header. When I had my shorty header on my cat was clogged, but it never threw a check engine light. I think there might be a way to check a cat, but I'm not positive how. i just replaced mine with a race header.
That CAT passed no problems when I had emissions done on my focus, and it had the exact same CAT. That was just 2 months before I sold it.

When I had etest I had:
- Diablo Chip
- Shorty Headers
- FC CAT
- Brullen Exhaust
- SD coilve wires w/ plugs gapped to .065

My etest showed a pass of flying colours, I think I still have it.

Maybe the chip is making you run lean, raising your temps?
did they have a fan on your car blowing cool air? was it aimed more towards the ground, maybe cooling off your cat?

Did you run the car for 30 mins or so b4 the test? or just drive right over and get it done?
schade,Jun 16 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:did they have a fan on your car blowing cool air? was it aimed more towards the ground, maybe cooling off your cat?

Did you run the car for 30 mins or so b4 the test? or just drive right over and get it done?
[right][snapback]114843[/snapback][/right]

I drove it around for like and hour and a half, and as far as the fan i couldn't see the car was blocked by others.

But i think that i'm gonna start with the chip first and go from there :(
what are your drive clean emission stats? here are mine, and all I have is a MBRP Cat-Back, and still have the origional Catalyctic converter on:

ASM2525 Test Curb Idle Test
Limit Reading Result Limit Reading Result
HC PPM 66 2 PASS 150 3 Pass
CO% 0.37 0.00 Pass 0.70 0.00 Pass
NO ppm 505 3 Pass N/A N/A N/a
RPM 2890 Valid RPM 811 Valid
Dilution 14.8 Valid Dilution 15.5 Valid
Overall Test Results: PASS
ASM 2525 Curb idle

limit reading result limit reading result

HC ppm 66 43 pass 150 61 pass

CO % 0.37 0.00 pass 0.70 0.03 pass

NO ppm 505 1037 fail N/A N/A N/A

RPM 2018 valid RPM 1255 invalid

Dilution 14.0 valid Dilution 13.7 valid

Overall Test Results :fail

With hedman header, FC cat, bosal flex, Vibrant cat-back, SVT air box, FC 65mm throtttle body, blue superchip, accel wires, auto lite double platinum plugs, both O2 sensors are brand new, and EGR recall done, FC UDP
Bring it to Burlington and have it done... I know someone that will get it to pass.
does the superchip disable the EGR system?

from that NO reading, I would say something's up with the EGR... or your running lean... which could be Fuel, MAF, or O2 issue.
darkpuppet,Jun 17 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:does the superchip disable the EGR system?

from that NO reading, I would say something's up with the EGR... or your running lean... which could be Fuel, MAF, or O2 issue.
[right][snapback]115062[/snapback][/right]

I honestly don't know what the chip does..... even their website is pretty vauge about their program

I just had the EGR recall done and both O2 sensors are brand new, #1 is Ford and #2 is Bosch.

And when i was last in at ford the only things that came up on their ODB II scanner were EGR and #2 o2 sensor

so i'm going out to take out the superchip and see what happens....
yeah, definitely pull the superchip... did they rescan after they replaced the EGR/O2 sensors?

darkpuppet,Jun 17 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:yeah, definitely pull the superchip...  did they rescan after they replaced the EGR/O2 sensors?
[right][snapback]115074[/snapback][/right]

Yup because right after i pulled out the CEL came back on from them replacing the EGR. They read it again for free and all that came up was the 2nd O2 sensor, which i replaced myself for $68 instead of the $280 ford wanted :rofl: and poof no more CEL (after i hooked the battery back up ;) )

Now if it would just piss or get off the pot and decide if it is going to rain already, jeez :rolleyes: i really want to pull that damn chip!!
SL8RZZX3,Jun 17 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Now if it would just piss or get off the pot and decide if it is going to rain already, jeez  :rolleyes:  i really want to pull that damn chip!!
[right][snapback]115089[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and get some better pics of that car.

Update your signature mang, you got even more mods to add.
Raine,Jun 17 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Jun 17 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Now if it would just piss or get off the pot and decide if it is going to rain already, jeez  :rolleyes:  i really want to pull that damn chip!!
[right][snapback]115089[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and get some better pics of that car.

Update your signature mang, you got even more mods to add.
[right][snapback]115093[/snapback][/right]

Better? :rolleyes:
Well i finally got the Superchip out! :D

I don't think it was so super........

Car is running alot smoother now! hopefully it'll pass etest now!
good luck