FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test Drove A Wrx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and finally got my chance today.

Took my car in for service, and they had a wonderful silver 2004 WRX on the lot. Chatted it up with the salesman, found out the couple traded it in for a Focus. :lol:

Had 40,000kms (a bit high for a 04), 5 spd, loaded except for the sunroof.

Immaculate condition, interior showed no wear whatsoever, hood had one tiny dent, rims had a few scratches, other than that absoultely MINT.

Took the car for a boot, and drove it pretty hard once I got used to the heavy clutch.

Super fun car to drive, but HORRID turbo lague and bottom end torque. I think something might have been wrong with the car to tell ya the truth, and had mad surging at around 5000 RPM, might have had something to do with the 0 bottom end power.

But once that car hits 4000 RPM its a monster, flies right up to 7000 RPM. Me likes! :D

Suspension is nice, a bit too much body roll though.

Trunk is huge for a car that size.

Very nice driver layout, wicked seats, nice gearing and tranny.

I went in there just wanting to drive the car for fun, but came outta the test drive actually wanting it a little bit.

They offered me a s**t load of money for my car, it blew me outta the water, but put a huge smile on my face. From the difference of my car as a trade in, the payments would be wayyyy less than my Focus payments were.

And get this - the WRX is only $80 a year more for insurance than a ZX3. :lol:

Overall - I loved this car, and would have taken it home if my car was still stock.

To you Subbie guys on here - any mods out there to increase that bottom end power? The Cobb Tuning Stage 1 Power, Suspension, and Tranny kits look mighty nice.

I think I will be trying a STI out next...
I got a special drive in Andrew's wrx wagon on the weekend.

One of the smoothest most well put together cars I have ever had the pleasure of driving in.
I drove a 2003 WRX 2 years ago on one of those huge car lot moving sales. Unfortunately I wasn't able to bag it because you couldn't leave the train line they formed, however it was the pimpest ride I've ever drove. The car you drove must have had something wrong with it because the one I drove had mad power and a pretty light clutch. I drove the speed limit, but I got to that limit as fast as I could possibly get to it :)
I finally took a WRX out for a drive last month. I was at budds subaru with a buddy. I got an offer to drive the sti. but i turned it down... worst mistake ever.