FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Product Review: Redtek R12a Refrigerant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I finally got a chance to refill my a/c system. You buy this kit at any autoparts store (I got mine at AutoParts Extra for $60). You have to first purge all the original refrigerant, whether it's professionally evacuated or otherwise.

Anyway, follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. Ford recommends 750G of R134a refrigerant. I used 6 ounces of R12a, and it's MUCH MUCH colder than the R134a would ever get.

The stuff also comes with a sealant if you have pinhole leaks. I had a very slow leak, that eventually made my compressor cycle on and off due to insufficient pressure.

Anyway wanted to share my results, and I give this product 12 out of 10!!!!

http://www.redtek.ca
Nice...

Im glad Ford decided to refill mine for me thow after my accident lol
Interesting. I've never heard of these kits. Was it hard to replace the refridgerant?
Not at all. Purging is very easy. To refill, you have to take out the passenger side headlight to access the low pressure port. There's a bolt on the bottom of the headlight (off to the side), two bolts on top, and you'll need to remove the radiator cowl to pop the grill off to take the headlight out. It'll take a good 30 minutes the first time you do it, until you figure out where all the bolts are.

The rest is butter. The receiver/dryer is very easy to spot once the headlight is out, and you can attach the hose very easily at that point.

You could also access the low pressure port by taking off the inner wheel well cover, but that seems like alot of trouble.