FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Long Does It Take To Ship Parts From Ottawa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you're KVR, and the parts are in stock, it will take at least 8 days from the day you order to the day they ship.

Here's hoping they travel through the mail quicker, but just once again, it's the usual aftermarket curse... nobody cares about getting anything to you in any urgency... do these companies really make so much money that they don't have to care about the customer?

go ahead, spit in my order, I don't care....
we usually stock kvr here....and at all our locations
Focused,Jun 15 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:we usually stock kvr here....and at all our locations
[right][snapback]114435[/snapback][/right]

the focus python kits and replacement parts? I usually ask the staff at PI to help me out, but you're really the only one that seems to have a clue... so for the 1st set of replacements, I'm just going to KVR directly.. they have my car on file there and have less likelyhood of screwing up.

But once I know the part numbers, I will do my best to a ) find equivalent parts that aren't KVR and b ) find stores that stock it so I can get the parts in a reasonable amount of time.
These things still haven't shown up?

Cancel your order and go with PI.

And make sure you let the people at KVR know your not dealing with them again.
Just wondering how much is that kit too buy?
ANTHONYD,Jun 15 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:These things still haven't shown up?

Cancel your order and go with PI.

And make sure you let the people at KVR know your not dealing with them again.
[right][snapback]114438[/snapback][/right]

the parts were shipped today... I'm just hoping it doesn't take another 8 days to make the 5 hour trip.

and at least I'll have the part and part #'s in hand after this, so I can shop around for equivalent or better equipment.

hey p-51.. trade you my KVRs for your willwoods! :P

p.s. the reason I went to KVR directly was because while talking to guy at PI (not focused), he couldn't find the right part #s for the python kit, and gave me the usual 3-4 week waiting period when I do finally order them.

As far as I know the only person at PI anyone should ever deal with is Focused... they'd make a lot more money off of me if they didn't make me believe the rest of the staff was incompetent.
My ebc greenstuff just arrived at JRP. i ordered them on may 13. GOOOOO Aftermarket
if it takes more than 2 days from ottawa...then s**t would be hitting the fan...

scoobasteve,Jun 15 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:My ebc greenstuff just arrived at JRP. i ordered them  on may 13. GOOOOO Aftermarket
[right][snapback]114444[/snapback][/right]

How much were those pads w/ shipping etc....
I ordered Brembo rotors and Hawk HPS pads from Mitch (ZX3Tuning) in BC and I got them through the regular mail in 4 days (BC to ON). :)
darkpuppet,Jun 15 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]114438[/snapback][/right]

p.s.  the reason I went to KVR directly was because while talking to guy at PI (not focused), he couldn't find the right part #s for the python kit, and gave me the usual 3-4 week waiting period when I do finally order them.

As far as I know the only person at PI anyone should ever deal with is Focused... they'd make a lot more money off of me if they didn't make me believe the rest of the staff was incompetent.

yea i totally understand that,

thing is...in this industry you literally have to become a walking encyclopedia with so many makes models and styles and options of vehicles....which we all know could take a lifetime. I just happen to be an "expert" ...of sorts.... when is comes to the Focus, and usually pay extra special attention to my customers that drive one.

to be honest with you, if someone would come in and ask me something specific about a 1923 T-bucket, i would be like....uh...yea...huh?

.....it's the nature of the business i guess...

I don't mind pricing stuff out for you guys even if you don't shop at my location specifically.....as long as you get taken care of properly

you should be getting your stuff in a couple days at the most ....KVR is great with shipping
Focused,Jun 15 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 15 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]114438[/snapback][/right]

p.s.  the reason I went to KVR directly was because while talking to guy at PI (not focused), he couldn't find the right part #s for the python kit, and gave me the usual 3-4 week waiting period when I do finally order them.

yea i totally understand that,

thing is...in this industry you literally have to become a walking encyclopedia with so many makes models and styles and options of vehicles....which we all know could take a lifetime. I just happen to be an "expert" ...of sorts.... when is comes to the Focus, and usually pay extra special attention to my customers that drive one.

to be honest with you, if someone would come in and ask me something specific about a 1923 T-bucket, i would be like....uh...yea...huh?

.....it's the nature of the business i guess...

I don't mind pricing stuff out for you guys even if you don't shop at my location specifically.....as long as you get taken care of properly

you should be getting your stuff in a couple days at the most ....KVR is great with shipping
[right][snapback]114450[/snapback][/right]

unfortunately the problem is that they DIDN'T ship in stock parts for nearly 8 days when promised to me for last week. I'm sure they don't do it on purpose, but as my luck is, it happened to me :P

But I understand where you come from.. there IS a lot of stuff out there, and I don't fault people for not knowing EVERYTHING, but I get fed the same line so often, it gets frustrating.. I've become better at researching everything so I know what to order before I even talk to someone, there are times where it would be nice to have a shop that could help me find parts I'm not sure about.

meh.. just venting...
For the svt. front and rear pads came up to just under 200.00
i have to second that Anthony is awesome, I don't know how many times he's priced stuff out for me and he knows that I will NEVER (well, maybe one day) make a trip out to Guelph! lol

I usually talk to Anthony, then go to the Oshawa PI with part#'s.
DarkPuppet... Does KVR charge you extra for the shipping... If so... then (providing your a trusting person) I could pick them up for you at KVR - Just around the corner from my house, bring them to work (purolator courier), and ship them via purolator to you ------ which is overnight service to the GTA ----- at about 75% of the price it would normally work out to.

Just if you decided to order from them again or well if anyone orders from KVR. I extend this to anyone who needs some shipping out of Ottawa for whatever reason. :)
What is PI ?????
ZX3guy2000,Jun 15 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:What is    PI  ?????
[right][snapback]114578[/snapback][/right]

Performance Improvements. One of the largest aftermarket parts retailers in Ontario
Is there a Website??
thanks for the offer zx3guy2000, but the parts were supposedly shipped out yesterday (we'll see!).

I know a few folks in the ottawa area, but I sorta wanted the new rotors and pads BEFORE last weekend... never pays for me to be in a rush..
Haha, rush? youre telling me... when my wheelbearings were replaced last week. ford told me my back brakes were so low they shouldnt of released the car back to me. the pads are apparently below 2mm
Pages: 1 2