FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Vw Type Side Markers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to add turn signals behind my Flofocus custom grill. Anyone have and side markers laying around that they gotta get rid of? I'm talking about anything that looks like this: (Sorry about the big pic)

[Image: 1107049948411_1107060628803_LSM_GLF99c.jpg]
those are generally called euro blinkers on VW associated forums, because they dont want to confuse them with the orange bumper strips. VW sells them, I think they were like $20-30 for a pair? not sure but i havent checked the price in like 3 years.
these are not bright enough to be used as front blinkers. highest bulb wattage for this is 8w.. front blinkers use 18w or up
I have a pair of VW lights like the ones you posted. I paid $25 buck for them. If you want them let me know but you can buy them from VW very cheap too.
Ok then can you guys help me out with what I can use?
MAlby7,Jun 15 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:Ok then can you guys help me out with what I can use?
[right][snapback]114530[/snapback][/right]

malby, try to see if golf III signal lights might fit, they are nice and bright
If your going to cut the wires Mike, I would suggest finding something with a dual fillament bulb. I tired many single ones and leaving the middle wire uncut, but my flashers always blinked really fast as if one was burnt out.

I'm pretty sure the new VW's have the dual fillament side markers....You could use those...