FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: To All Who Are Planning Fi On Their Foci's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When your shopping for tuning, get something that you can tune yourself with a datalogger package. ;)

THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I DID WAS GOING WITH DIABLO AND THEIR CHIP.

I should have gone with SCT or something else....something to do my own tuning. Tom carries SCT also...dont know why I just didnt save the extra $500 for this....

MAIL ORDER TUNING IS A PITA.

Why this post?

After talking to Tom & 3 datalogg sessions later, he just advised me that he lost all my files due to his computer crashing. He sent out his computer for repair to see if they can retreive the files. Here I was thinking I was getting my new tune next week. :(

Again, Please, for the love of god, go with something you can tune yourself.
I've got a Diablo chip from Timmy@bishopsales for mine. The tune seems to be great on his Procharger, so I'm feeling confident in that, but I still plan to get it on a dyno and tuned, just to be safe.
Timmy is good for the tunes. His ProCharher tune is running really good he told me.

I myself got the Xcal2 on its way then I plan on upgrading to the ProRacer when the time comes.
Xcal2 ? aren't you wasting if you wil go pro racer later?

Sorry about that Nate.. that sucks that its taking more and more time.. me I did a bit of tuning on my program, but when i went back to try it out and reverify my STFT, the computer died just when i decided i wanted to save.. just shut off..

i was so pissed caus i was on my way to bring the laptop back to my buddy..

so anyway, i got a new tune, it works.. but i dont know if its even better or not...
Not exactly. The ProRacer package includes the Raptor. I dont want the Raptor. So I talked to Randy and he said its possible to upgrade to the ProRacer without buying a 2nd datalogger.

I chose the Xcal2 becuase I can get away with a tune with just using this for the time being untill I want to really start learnign things.

I talked to a local guy and he told me I could tune it with just the Xcal2 since it allows me to adjust timing and fuel and choice of injector size. I wont really know till I get mine in.
yeah you can adjust settings with just xcal2.. but its only small changes..and you'd still need to get a base tune from them..

i dont know how many % you can adjust.. for sure its better than nothing
Wide Open Throttle: 6% Leaner to 14% Richer

Global Spark: -5 to +5 degrees

RPM Adjustment Spark:
0 - 2000RPM: -14 to +4 degrees
2000 - 4000RPM: -8 to +4 degrees
4000 - 8000RPM: -8 to +4 degrees

80mm to 90mm Lightning SCT Big Air BA-2400 & BA-2800 MAF Meters

205/65/15 to 315/35/19
that's a pretty narrow margin for adjustments... especially things I would consider non trivial like spark modifiers, etc...
gives you enough to play around with so you can at least get the car rolling. I dont plan on using any of those features of the Xcal2 thow. No need to really since FocusSport is supplying me with my tunes.

I plan on doing remote tuning with Randy with the ProRacer till I figure it out for myself when I do add the boost.
the proracer package comes with either a flasher or chip burner option last i checked...
so using the xcal2 would be good for getting the base tune on the lap top, then dyno fine tuning to minimize down time. assuming the base tune was close enough that the Xcal2 could adjust it to perfect, this would be a very good setup.

i'm going to run Diablo simply because i have the best tuner in western Canada just a couple of doors down! :P
Quote:i'm going to run Diablo simply because i have the best tuner in western Canada just a couple of doors down! tongue.gif

f u c k e r :P :P :P :P :P
When i decide to go FI ill be going with diablo too because its just a short ferry ride. I wanna know what the dyno # are for all the guys with FI.
guys are ranging 170whp to 318whp on stock Zetec engines. All depends on tuning. The HKS/FastTrax focus has been running 318whp for a while now and he has yet to ever take off the head on the car. Even Tom did has a 300whp monster with all stock motor.
i find out tomorrow what i'm putting down....