FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Motorola V220
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got an oppertunity from my GF's teacher's union to pick this phone up for 20bux a month. This is a basic service package with Rogers.

I don;t know a whole lot about these things, except my old phone sucked and was with Telus.
Apparently for voice mail it's an additional 5 bux a month, text 5 bux etc....

Is this a deal or can someone else on here beat it?

Paolo?
Raine?[Image: Motorola%20V220.jpg]

Motorola V220 more Motorola deals

The Motorola V220 - Fun - Funky & Sophisticated ! Following the now familiar designs of the more recent success stories such as the V300, V500, V525 & lastly the flagship model V600 - the V220 is guaranteed to fulfill your expectations. This latest model is aimed at the consumer who demands the very latest technology, but loathes spending a fortune to get it ! Download the very latest MP3 ringtones, send photo messages via the integrated digital camera to friends or talk whereever you like with this tri-band mobile. With speedy GPRS for fast data, a large full colour display and the ability to mix your own ringtones, the Motorola V220 does it all !

SPECIFICATION

Weight 105g

Dimensions 84.5 x 44 x 24mm

Talk Time 4 hours

Stand By Time 9 days
ADDITIONAL FEATURES

65000 colour screen

Active flip

Call divert

Call waiting

Caller Picture Id

Clock

Digital camera

External screen
Only thing I would caution you on is that to add *anything* to the phone in the way of ringtones, wallpapers, etc. you'll be paying out the nose in fees for downloads. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the USB cable necessary to connect that model phone to your PC so that you could do it yourself (I have such a cable with my phone, a Telus LG5450)

NefCanuck
Hmm. I never thought of that.

I'm sure my spankin' new Imac has some sort of isync that I can hook my phone upto.

Raine?
Paolo?
My bro has that phone. The inside screen isnt very good (too grainy), but the ring volume is loud and the vibration is powerful. You can add ringtones and wallpapers without paying, just as long as your comfortable hacking the phone. Its not hard, and once its done, you can have MP3 ringtones. I just got the V710 and I had to hack the OS to allow bluetooth with the comp and MP3 Ringtones....I would recommond the v220 in a sec....
Okay, firstly, how much are you getting the phone itself for?

Secondly, What plan is the $20/month plan? If it's just the 50 daytime, 1000 weekend don't waste your time. If it's the 200 Day, Unlimited evenings and weekends after 8, that's a good plan. Call display and v/m are free for two months, and you get 3 months of unlimited local calling either way. Make sure they add that in.

As for the v220, it's a decent little phone, and good for the fact that it's a Quadband world phone, but the display is shitty, as is the camera. Hooking it up to a computer is easy, tho. You just need a USB cable and Mobile Phone tools, both of which I can get you for less than $20... I have a v220 as my backup phone and it serves it's purpose, but if I were you, I'd splurge on a better phone like a v551 or v635. Tell me what the plan gets you and I can probably match it and give you a wicked deal on a handset. The v220 thru me would be free.

EDIT: I should add, Voicemail and Call Display are both $5/each... 25 sent text messages are an additional $2 (you can receive up to 2500 free every month included in any monthly plan). However, you can get voicemail, caller ID and 25 sent text msgs for a special of $9/month at the moment. You'd still receive all those services free for 2 months, but you sign up for the bundle at point of activation.
I concur with Raines comment. AnthonyD, can I ask you, on the phone plan your GF gave you, was the V220 the FREEBIE? cus if you pay a little more, you can choose higher models, sometimes they dont even list it but there is also more phones your eligable for, you just have to ask the dealer. As for the V220, its not bad, a neat little power class 4 quad band world phone. I had one and loved it, its pretty solid, it has a decent sized screen and camera, speaker phone, plays Mp3, Video clips(3gp format), and polyphonic (midi) ringtones, has J2ME java for games/apps, has USB Connectivity, all you need is a usb to mini-b cable (can be found for $5) and Mobile phone tools software and you have instant data connectivity. What is the plan code they are offering you? it sounds like 1006? Also, there may be an MSD code required for plan eligibility, MSD code is basically a unique code that Rogers adds to your account that is specific to your company or work that allows them to offer you corporate rates. Regular Joe Shmoe wont be eligable to this plan because he doesnt have the MSD code, or if someone has a different MSD code, they still may be eligable, the billing system would let u know if it is.
paolo,Jun 13 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:What is the plan code they are offering you? it sounds like 1006? A

I seriously doubt that information would be listed, but if it's thru a teachers union, it's probably 1181
Raine,Jun 14 2005, 12:54 AM Wrote:I seriously doubt that information would be listed, but if it's thru a teachers union, it's probably 1181
[right][snapback]114186[/snapback][/right]

when I got a letter for the $20 ford emplyee corp deal, they put the plan code on the very bottom in the smallest font ever, but someone smart like me can easily interpret this.
Thanks guys. I have ALL the info at home. I'll post it all tomorrow in detail. You guys can coach me through it from there.