FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ? About Using A Mustang Maf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm about to get the JRSC installed on my svtf. I've got the Xcal 2 and 42lb injectors covered, I was just curious about the maf. Now that pro-M is out of business is the only solution to use a mustang maf? Also are any modifications necessary to the mustang maf so it can be used on the svtf?
You can also just use your MAF as the SVT maf is calibrated for a higher air flow than the regular MAF for our ZX3's.
I think you should be fine with your MAF with the JRSC.
meford4u,Jun 14 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:You can also just use your MAF as the SVT maf is calibrated for a higher air flow than the regular MAF for our ZX3's.
I think you should be fine with your MAF with the JRSC.
[right][snapback]114117[/snapback][/right]

Would the stock maf support 42lb injectors, the stock svtf injectors are 30lb? I was advised to upgrade the injectors which in turn would force me to upgrade the maf...right :iono: ? This also gives me the opportunity to increase boost (with a smaller pully) in the future without any issues if I decide to.
There is also the Diablo MAFia. The procharger 10 psi kit runs 42 lb injectors off of the zetec stock MAF, I may use the SVT MAF for safety, but you sould be fine.
The mustang MAF requires some rework to get it to work properly. You either have to buy an adapter or make something up to fit your air filter to the MAF.

For my turbo I did it quite cheap I think the MAF was around $40 at a local scrap dealer and I made a nice adapter to fit the filter. You do also need to wire up the IAT sensor since it doesn't have one in the MAF itself.

Honestly for clean install I'd just use the MAFia.
hardk0re,Jun 13 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Honestly for clean install I'd just use the MAFia.
[right][snapback]114150[/snapback][/right]

thats my suggestion also...
Flofocus,Jun 14 2005, 03:23 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jun 13 2005, 10:56 PM Wrote:Honestly for clean install I'd just use the MAFia.
[right][snapback]114150[/snapback][/right]

thats my suggestion also...
[right][snapback]114167[/snapback][/right]

How much are these things and who sells them?
Easiest route = Call Tom and order the 3 inch housing and keep the stock Zetec MAF or SVT MAF. At the same time order the Diablo MAFia and done :D
Just put the JRSC in and use your stock stuff and use the black box. It works fine. In a couple of weeks order the new Ford Racing big boost kit, it comes with new injectors, smaller pulley and a reflash of the computer. That way you save money and aren't screwing around with tunes etc..
i am using a stock mustang v6 maf and it seems to be fine running 5psi.. and stock maf as my IAT sensor (after turbo)

i'd get the mafia with stock maf with JRSC.. i think you'd be fine
BerinG,Jun 14 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:.....i'd get the mafia with stock maf with JRSC.. i think you'd be fine
[right][snapback]114214[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for all the input guys but I think I'll go this route.
bluetoy,Jun 14 2005, 10:19 AM Wrote:Just put the JRSC in and use your stock stuff and use the black box. It works fine. In a couple of weeks order the new Ford Racing big boost kit, it comes with new injectors, smaller pulley and a reflash of the computer. That way you save money and aren't screwing around with tunes etc..
[right][snapback]114200[/snapback][/right]

So this is not yet released? I checked the FRPP catalog online and found the part # for the zx3 big boost kit. This does sound like another great option and would save me $$$.
get that. B)
the SVT MAF is good to 215 HP I thought... (need to double check)...

with the SVT JRSC (bluetoy's car) was making about 205.. you're in the upper range of the SVT MAF, but it should work untouched.
Steve didnt you say with the Zetec maf if put into a larger housing it could support up to like 220hp or something like that?
Just got a reply from McNews. The big boost kit for the svt will be available in about 2 weeks.... :)
Keep Us posted alex.... when its all done, you gotta take me for a ride :)

I Miss the JRSC allready, Even though it was just in a box in my basment :blink:
scoobasteve,Jun 15 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:Keep Us posted alex.... when its all done, you gotta take me for a ride  :)

I Miss the JRSC allready, Even though it was just in a box in my basment :blink:
[right][snapback]114486[/snapback][/right]

Sure thing B)
Hooray :D
scoobasteve,Jun 16 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:Hooray  :D
[right][snapback]114744[/snapback][/right]
:glare:

Lowest of the low.
Pages: 1 2