FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lf: Lowering Springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a full set of lowering springs for my 06 ZX5. Lemme know what you got!
StreetEdition,May 13 2009, 04:34 AM Wrote:Looking for a full set of lowering springs for my 06 ZX5.  Lemme know what you got!
[right][snapback]287254[/snapback][/right]

There's a guy on Kijiji selling Brand new Evotion springs for like $60. I bought a set when he had them at $50 and Honestly they are great springs. The ride quality is very nice. They used to go for over $200 brand new but Evotion went out of business and this guy picked up some liquidated products from them. I believe they were actually made by Vogtland from Germany.
forum_ghost,May 17 2009, 10:01 AM Wrote:
StreetEdition,May 13 2009, 04:34 AM Wrote:Looking for a full set of lowering springs for my 06 ZX5.  Lemme know what you got!

There's a guy on Kijiji selling Brand new Evotion springs for like $60. I bought a set when he had them at $50 and Honestly they are great springs. The ride quality is very nice. They used to go for over $200 brand new but Evotion went out of business and this guy picked up some liquidated products from them. I believe they were actually made by Vogtland from Germany.
[right][snapback]287476[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately they won't fit 05 and up

Kijiji link
ZTWsquared,May 17 2009, 04:32 PM Wrote:
forum_ghost,May 17 2009, 10:01 AM Wrote:

Unfortunately they won't fit 05 and up

Kijiji link
[right][snapback]287479[/snapback][/right]

oh that's right, good point. it slipped my mind that the 05+ are different
forum_ghost,May 17 2009, 11:01 AM Wrote:

So did you install them on your car ? If so , did you have to change the shocks too , or you kept the ones you have ? What car do you have ?
Yeah I already installed them with a set of KYB AGX's and couldn't be happier. I would recommend changing your dampers no matter which lowering springs you go with as they'll blow sooner than later and may affect ride quality.
forum_ghost,May 19 2009, 09:05 AM Wrote:Yeah I already installed them with a set of KYB AGX's and couldn't be happier. I would recommend changing your dampers no matter which lowering springs you go with as they'll blow sooner than later and may affect ride quality.
[right][snapback]287547[/snapback][/right]

Did you get the KYB local?
When I installed my Eibach Pro Kit springs I didn't switch my struts. I have the original 02 dampers and everything has been fine (touches wood). But the proper way to do the job would be to replace the struts at the same time. I have just over 160K on my struts and about 25K on the springs.

Pro Kit FTW!!!
[Image: IMG_3478-1.jpg]
I got some vogtland on my 06 im selling but where you located ?
00-05 stuff will fit, but you need to replace shocks front shocks and get the adapter kit fro massive speed systems to do this, mind you it is a good thing to do as it opens up your possibilities to all that is available for the previous generation... which is a lot by comparison to 06-07
98RACE,May 21 2009, 07:22 PM Wrote:
forum_ghost,May 19 2009, 09:05 AM Wrote:Yeah I already installed them with a set of KYB AGX's and couldn't be happier. I would recommend changing your dampers no matter which lowering springs you go with as they'll blow sooner than later and may affect ride quality.
[right][snapback]287547[/snapback][/right]

Did you get the KYB local?
[right][snapback]287716[/snapback][/right]

No I shipped them in from a guy in Alberta. He bought them last year but crashed his car and never got a chance to install them. I gave him $400 + $80 for shipping for them and they were still sealed in their boxes brand new never touched.......basically a steal of a deal.