FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toyota Raises Prices In The Us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard on the radio today, that Toyota of America will be raising all it's prices on their complete line up sold in the USA, to help american brands out of a slump.

The Increase will be anywhere from $1000.00 USD to $5000.00 USD depending on the make and model. Toyota of Japan's President commented that " Toyota wanted to help it's american rivals be more competitive in it's own markets, and that if american brands were driven out of their own markets by foreign compettiers, it would not be a good situation for everyone, and it's current and future partnerships with the domestic car makers. "

The report went on to say Toyota of Canada will possibly be doing the same here later in the year, but not when exactly.
This seems a bit odd. I am in no way saying that I completely understand the going's on of every aspect of the auto industry, but why increase prices to "help" the competition?
I think it's only to "help" Toyota's already incredibly profitable bottom line.

More money/less work= Toyota a happy camper.

But hey, we could use the help at Ford.

And I keep hearing that GM is in a deeper rut than we are.

YIKES
Its because the states in in a recision currently. If Toyota prices go up then people wont buy as many of them as american car's. Or america will raise there prices to match and make more money to help out America.... Stupid yanks all of em.
people will probalby still buy a toyota cause of the quailty and resale value.
Well, from what I can gather, this is not only going to some people to buy non-toyota products simply on cost, but this will also piss off loyal customers who feel that they have been screwed by the company based on other people's problems.

Although I am a big fan of Chevy Trucks, I really hate how GM tries to focus on the SUV/Truck market without reasonably improving their quality, both in terms of product quality and in terms of Total Quality Management (related to a course I'm taking at the moment). :D