FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 43 With Humidity Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:ph34r: :glare:

I need a pool, I think the Air conditioner is on its last haul....
man i miss the heat, in Sask it been under 20 cloudy or aining for 3 weeks...

first day of sun today and 24...pretty nice out

try experiencing 53 with the humidex, in a downtown sector, of 16 million people...smoggy too ...GROSS
Today I played at the Cheo BBQ Beach Volleyball tournament!

And man the women were HOT!!... Oh wait.. this was about the weather! Yeah the weather/sand was absolutely unbearable today!

Ahhh... but I love it though!
work in that in a factory with no air conditioning and lift trucks crapping out air twice as hot at you all day, i sweat just thinking about my job
Try being on a campground with a bunch of drunks.
ANTHONYD,Jun 13 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Try being on a campground with a bunch of drunks.
[right][snapback]113977[/snapback][/right]

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Flofocus,Jun 11 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote::ph34r:  :glare:

I need a pool, I think the Air conditioner is on its last haul....
[right][snapback]113799[/snapback][/right]

Yeah these last few days have been a PITA for me, though I have to say that the Focus A/C works well (Maybe a little too well, trying to find the A/C "sweet spot" is harder than it was with my old car and that system was nine years old)

One quirk I noticed is that the A/C will switch off with anything over granny acceleration from a stoplight (or sometimes even at a stoplight) until you're steady state crusing again. I assume that this is normal owing to the smaller engine size and the need for HP off the line.

Argh, I hate wearing shorts, shows off the leg brace hardware and the scar tissue so well... esp. when I start tanning on my legs :angry:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:One quirk I noticed is that the A/C will switch off with anything over granny acceleration from a stoplight (or sometimes even at a stoplight) until you're steady state crusing again.  I assume that this is normal owing to the smaller engine size and the need for HP off the line.

I have never had this happen to me.
FociPhil,Jun 11 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:man i miss the heat, in Sask it been under 20 cloudy or aining for 3 weeks...

try experiencing 53 with the humidex, in a downtown sector, of 16 million people...smoggy too ...GROSS
[right][snapback]113806[/snapback][/right]

Holy s**t Phil, you had THAT good of a weekend that you didn't notice it's been sunny since Friday?....lol Akie?
The Volant intake is bogging my car down real nice these days.
S2,Jun 13 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Jun 11 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:man i miss the heat, in Sask it been under 20 cloudy or aining for 3 weeks...

[right][snapback]113806[/snapback][/right]

Holy s**t Phil, you had THAT good of a weekend that you didn't notice it's been sunny since Friday?....lol Akie?
[right][snapback]114012[/snapback][/right]

CHAD...you smoke rocks!!!

This entire week that passed had 2 good days...saturday and sunday (half day, went golfing...other than that its been dark, cloudy, windy, cool, rainy...

everything other than sunny and warm!!!!!!!!!!
Raine,Jun 13 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:One quirk I noticed is that the A/C will switch off with anything over granny acceleration from a stoplight (or sometimes even at a stoplight) until you're steady state crusing again.  I assume that this is normal owing to the smaller engine size and the need for HP off the line.

[right][snapback]114010[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, you have a '00 Focus, is that the 2.3L engine? Mine's an '05 and got the 2.0L mouse motor in it, so I'd just assumed that they set things up to give a decent amount of acceleration off the line without it getting bogged down trying to keep the A/C running.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:

Hrm, you have a '00 Focus, is that the 2.3L engine? Mine's an '05 and got the 2.0L mouse motor in it, so I'd just assumed that they set things up to give a decent amount of acceleration off the line without it getting bogged down trying to keep the A/C running.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]114038[/snapback][/right]
I've also got a 2000 zx3, its with the 2.0 Zetec. I also never had this happen to mine. Unless its new for the 05's
skifreak69,Jun 13 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]114038[/snapback][/right]
I've also got a 2000 zx3, its with the 2.0 Zetec. I also never had this happen to mine. Unless its new for the 05's
[right][snapback]114123[/snapback][/right]

Back in the year 2000, nothing was automatic. If it was hot outside and you wanted more power you had to press the button that was illuminated by the little blue light and the letters 'A' and 'C'. Presto! Instant power. :P
ANTHONYD,Jun 13 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:The Volant intake is bogging my car down real nice these days.
[right][snapback]114021[/snapback][/right]

try it with a supercharger... I'm driving with 2 air conditioners below 3,0000 RPM
only if dyno's werent so expensive, id take my car in on a hot hot day, after driving it in traffic, and see what sorta hp ive lost.