FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ?din Kit, Harness Adapter, Removal Tools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering what din kit is good and where i can get them along with the harness adapter and ford stereo removal tools.

and yes i want to buy the tools and not use coat hangers as i have 3 focus decks to pull and swap around, just figure they'd be easiest

and if anyone has pics of different din kits that would be really cool too

thanx
Gord
AI (American International) seems to be a popular kit, I think mine was Scoshe. You could also just custom fibreglass your bezel into single DIN as some have done. The harness adapter could be had a almost any stereo shop, I even got one from Crappy Tire. I don't know about where to get the official Ford stereo removal key, never looked into that one.
You can score the removal tools from many places, home hardware, crappy tire, do-it, most audio shops, furuteshop...

AI (american international) is one of the more common din brackets but there are a few of them...00-04 is a ford focus kit ---2005 is a ford freestar kit, as it is a true 2-din european slot
I used a metra, and it fits pretty flush.

Metra Online Page
thanx guys :D

I went out this morning and found most of it pretty quickly.......

Din kit i think was at futureshop, and i think i got ripped but oh well - $28.74 tax in

harness at walmart - $10.97 +tax

removal toool, walmart -$6.97 +tax

And battery terminal relocation kit (to switch to side posts), wal mart - $15.97 ea. +tax

Optima yellow top, top terminals cover, Performance improvements -$21.99 +tax

Ford logo locking valve stem caps , P.I. - $39.99 + tax (on order)