FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealer Annoyances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

Just wanted to blow off some steam.

2002 Focus ZX5 liquid Grey
Automatic Transmission
98,000kms

So I get my car back from the dealership.

Here's a list of the warranty items fixed (supposedly...ehem)

1. Transmission - the car seemed to bucking in upon acceleration around 3rd gear...had them check it out and they replaced a seal, and someother things ..dont know exactly...on it the invoice is said overhauled..urggg..

2. Sunroof - wouldnt close properly

3. Front passenger door lock - wasnt working

4. Wiper-stopping mid stream...(3rd time in for service...1st time they thought it was the relay, 2nd time they replaced the motor, 3rd time replaced the relay and seemed to work ok.

5. Door latches - Recall item

6. Had them check the tensioner for the accessory drive belt. Making a screaching noise on cold start....they lubed something and noise was gone...said the belt was okay...no cracks and the tensioner wasnt seized.

So...i get home after a 50km commute one way...and sure enough in my driveway the car lets out a small cloud of burnt transmission fluid....i look under the car and sure enough theres transmission fluid leaking on my driveway....theres fluid in the wheel well..all over....

call the nearest Ford dealership...bring it in...they're checking it today..

End of the day...im just frustrated that i had to get another rental car and waste my time again.. Dont get me wrong...the cars been great to me...just these annoyances get to me..

Im also worried that the car wont run the same anymore.

Thanks all for listening...sorry for the long post.

Jaigon,Jun 9 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:6. Had them check the tensioner for the accessory drive belt. Making a screaching noise on cold start....they lubed something and noise was gone...said the belt was okay...no cracks and the tensioner wasnt seized.
[right][snapback]113496[/snapback][/right]

Yeah my car's doing that too. Seems to do that mainly on humid or rainy days. I thought at first it was because she was due for an oil change or the fan belt was starting to go. But I had the oil changed yesterday and the belt was fine, according to the mechanic. If ya ever find out what they lubed, let me know.
First off.

Call Ford Motor Company. They'll put your name down as an unsatisfied customer. You'll get better treatment from the service manager.

Ask to get the SERVICE MANAGER to check you in for your service. Explain to him that the car has been giving you many many problems and you are becoming digruntled. Let them know that you don't want the car back untill all these things are fixed and running properly.

As for the door latches and other recalls, you can't really get upset about those. They need to be resolved anyway.

Keep a cool head, and call Ford. See if there is anything they can do for you.
ANTHONYD,Jun 9 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:First off.

Call Ford Motor Company. They'll put your name down as an unsatisfied customer. You'll get better treatment from the service manager.

Ask to get the SERVICE MANAGER to check you in for your service. Explain to him that the car has been giving you many many problems and you are becoming digruntled. Let them know that you don't want the car back untill all these things are fixed and running properly.

As for the door latches and other recalls, you can't really get upset about those. They need to be resolved anyway.

[right][snapback]113498[/snapback][/right]

Hey AnthonyD...thanks for the words of wisdom...keeping a cool head...

Service manager ...so for okay...I kept it cool and just explained that they need to rectify the situation to maintain customer loyalty..

Status on the situation...my original dealership will tow my car from dealership i left it at last night...they will resolve the situation. Apparently the technician seems to suspect that it may be a cooler line or something..." poor design" and that it was difficult to put on or something like that.

So the waiting game continues.
The Cooler line ??

When I had problems relating to my car running fine in winter then the {!} light coming on making all the lights flicker, want to stall out & radio resetting, all this telling me the car was over heating with it's built in safety system, when the car was fine. They found out my cooler lines were damaged along with some of the lines for the wiring for the safety system telling my car to shut down for over heating when it was perfectly fine.

I don't know if it's related but it's one of the mysteries of the Focus lol........

Either or make sure they get the problem resolved right away.
Jaigon,Jun 9 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 9 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:First off.

[right][snapback]113498[/snapback][/right]

Hey AnthonyD...thanks for the words of wisdom...keeping a cool head...

Service manager ...so for okay...I kept it cool and just explained that they need to rectify the situation to maintain customer loyalty..

Status on the situation...my original dealership will tow my car from dealership i left it at last night...they will resolve the situation. Apparently the technician seems to suspect that it may be a cooler line or something..." poor design" and that it was difficult to put on or something like that.

So the waiting game continues.
[right][snapback]113505[/snapback][/right]

Look at it thhis way. They won't charge you to "find them problem" they'll charge you to fix it.

And at least the car is getting fixed.

Just be polite.
Jaigon,Jun 9 2005, 07:25 AM Wrote:2. Sunroof - wouldnt close properly

4. Wiper-stopping mid stream...(3rd time in for service...1st time they thought it was the relay, 2nd time they replaced the motor, 3rd time replaced the relay and seemed to work ok.

2 -In your manual there is a "relearning" process that you can do yourself. In most cases of it acting screwy (EG go to close it from vent and it pops up again) you just need to do this to let it re-teach itself the limits

4 -That is usually the grey relay in the in-car fuse panel (1S4Z-14N089-AA) that causes silly stopping or acting funny like that.
Jaigon,Jun 9 2005, 08:25 AM Wrote:Hello all.

So I get my car back from the dealership.

[right][snapback]113496[/snapback][/right]

Which dealership would that be?
Hi all,

Status update on my ZX5....

Got it back yesterday. They actually towed my car from the dealership from out east where i live to the west end where I work...(50kms away) and fixed the problem with the leak.

Basically...the transmission vent plug or something like that was blocked and fluid was coming out of the dip stick. (something i guess the technician inadvertedly did while servicing the tranny)

End of the day, im just happy to get my car back....I didnt really like driving the 2005 zx4...it didnt even have power windows, or tilt steering....

The service manager at " Summit Ford " (where the problem occured) was good and apologetic, so all in all they passed.

The guys at Formula Ford in Pickering were great too.

Cross my fingers, I dont have to visit the dealership anytime soon

Always nice to hear a good outcome.