FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trouble Shooting....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so here's the deal...

turn n the radio....bass kicks....then about 5-10 seconds later the amp stops working [no bass]... power off the radio for a minute...power on again.....bass for a few seconds...i think it may kcik the bass back on even if i turn the volume down to near mute...

i look at the amp and when the bass goes away the power light dims to at least half....checked the power cables...still reads 14volts [or whatever]

like WTF mate?
your prob sounds like the problem my friend is having. He braught his to an audio shop, and they told him that he blew his amp. Don't know how acurate that is, but that's what they said
Your amp may be going into protection so it will only operate when it deems safe. Do the usual and check your grounds to make sure they are solidly grounded!
Check your grounds, check all connections and fuses. Sounds like its going into protection, my friends girlfriends amp did the same thing, and it ended up being internal of the amp and they had to send it away for warranty. But always a good idea to doublecheck every connection and fuse, I've been stumped before by what ended up being a loose ground or faulty fuse.
IF your out of warranty on the amp, and still having trouble let me know might have time to pop by and check it out with ya. If it is internal and your warranty is up I'll be able to fix it up for ya just keep me informed.
Blackzx3,Jun 7 2005, 10:39 PM Wrote:IF your out of warranty on the amp, and still having trouble let me know might have time to pop by and check it out with ya.  If it is internal and your warranty is up I'll be able to fix it up for ya just keep me informed.
[right][snapback]113276[/snapback][/right]

yea it's waaaay out of warranty...lol

it's a circa early/mid 90's Fosgate punch 40ix .....sounds old skool.....but KILLER amp though for those that know it
yeah, might be an amp or speaker problem. try turning the gains down or check the speaker leads. i was having a problem like this in my brothers car last night. turns out the speakerwire was broken and it was grounding out.
Just let me know if you want to trouble shoot the amp at all. If it is a little old school will be easier to trouble shoot as well. :ph34r:

Might be a very easy internal fix as well, due to the age of the amp. Possible the type of caps that are used inside the amp might have started to leak, or have dried up a little. All that would be required is a quick replacement.

Blackzx3,Jun 8 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Just let me know if you want to trouble shoot the amp at all.  If it is a little old school will be easier to trouble shoot as well.  :ph34r:

Might be a very easy internal fix as well, due to the age of the amp.  Possible the type of caps that are used inside the amp might have started to leak, or have dried up a little.  All that would be required is a quick replacement.
[right][snapback]113365[/snapback][/right]

yea if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.... :thumbsup:
As long as your wife makes the drive to acton worth while. :P
Blackzx3,Jun 8 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:As long as your wife makes the drive to acton worth while.  :P
[right][snapback]113369[/snapback][/right]

oooooooooohhh...

bastard!!

lol

let me know when you can come... i'm free on sunday
Yeah man thats no problem just let me know what time of day is good and I'll be there hopefully we can get that thing working for ya.

Focused,Jun 8 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:
Blackzx3,Jun 8 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:As long as your wife makes the drive to acton worth while.  :P
[right][snapback]113369[/snapback][/right]

oooooooooohhh...

bastard!!

lol

let me know when you can come... i'm free on sunday
[right][snapback]113370[/snapback][/right]
Yo anthony...I can help you this weekend if you like...

I'm doing my component install at my house....swing by and I'll help fix yours man..

lemmie know..
ah...can't do anything this weekend....maybe next