FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dumbass...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it happens to me I'll take the $110 fine, its cheaper than a tow truck!

But I'd drive off to the side of the road at least.....
Its a tough call. they said in the article the shoulders were closed for construction.
yeah if the guy was just trying to get his free tow, then hes a dumbass.

But waiting for the flatbed......I would have done the same.
I feel for the guy. He's an idiot for leaving the locking nut at home, but no way is a tow truck picking up my/ ok my son's, lowered Focus.
dumbass for

1. not having his lug key with him and

2. he called a flatbed then called a reg. tow truck after refusing a reg. one (and numerous who passed by)...so it seems it was about the $$$ too.

3. he didn't know CAA would reimburse the cost of a police-ordered tow (that's his problem).

I hope the charge sticks...he'll learn for the next time. If I was stuck behind this jackass, I'd have *freaked* out, lol.
I would wait for a flatbed too. A tow truck (wheel lift) towed my car across the street and I was shitting myself. The blocks they put under your wheels squish your low profile tires and are very close to damaging your rims. I had to ask the guy if he could angle the bars so that the side blocks would stay away from my outward sticking spokes.
No questions asked the charge should stick. But I understand his frustration with waiting for the flatbed. after a while the pressure would get to you.

Kinda reminds me of the time that my buddy and i were in his E500 and it broke down on the qew... right in front of ford actually. the towtruck that came along just threw it on they were pretty reckless with it too.

I wouldnt do that again.
I'm sorry, but if you're on the highway, and you're holding up traffic, you shouldn't be allowed to refuse a tow. Have the company/the police sign a liability letter saying damages to the vehicle incurred by towing it have to be absorbed by them, but get your ass off the road. 401 is bad enough as it is
Raine,Jun 7 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, but if you're on the highway, and you're holding up traffic, you shouldn't be allowed to refuse a tow. Have the company/the police sign a liability letter saying damages to the vehicle incurred by towing it have to be absorbed by them, but get your ass off the road. 401 is bad enough as it is
[right][snapback]113213[/snapback][/right]

I wouldnt mind if that were an option. but most tow companies wont take responisbility for any damages incurred.
Raine,Jun 7 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:I'm sorry, but if you're on the highway, and you're holding up traffic, you shouldn't be allowed to refuse a tow. Have the company/the police sign a liability letter saying damages to the vehicle incurred by towing it have to be absorbed by them, but get your ass off the road. 401 is bad enough as it is
[right][snapback]113213[/snapback][/right]

yup.
haha, traffic must have been a bitch. I would have set his car on fire if I was cuaght in traffic behind him