FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Customs Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. anyone know how long you have to stay in the states to bring a certain $ amount across. i'm thinking of just heading up to the tirerack one day soon and getting the rims and tires instead of paying 175.00 for shipping and whatever insane amounts UPS decides to charge.
get a hold of some crap rims and tires, drive down there, get new ones, leave the old ones behind.
Done
no fuss.
Fawk customs
I think its 2 days, i could be wrong though
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 01:11 PM Wrote:get a hold of some crap rims and tires, drive down there, get new ones, leave the old ones behind.
Done
no fuss.
Fawk customs
[right][snapback]113122[/snapback][/right]

Thats what I was just going to say. Your driving over with new wheels. Fawk em, they'll never know.
From the Canada Customs site

24 hours

You can claim up to CAN$50 worth of goods without paying any duties.
This is your personal exemption. You must have the goods with you when you arrive, and you cannot include tobacco products or alcoholic beverages in this exemption.

If the goods you bring in are worth more than CAN$50 in total, you cannot claim this exemption. Instead you have to pay full duties on all goods you bring in.

48 hours

You can claim up to CAN$200 worth of goods without paying any duties. You must have the goods with you when you arrive. Although you can include some tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, only a partial exemption will apply to cigarettes, tobacco sticks, or manufactured tobacco. You may have to pay a special duty on these products. You can find more details under the section “Tobacco and alcohol.”

7 days

You can claim up to CAN$750 worth of goods without paying any duties. With the exception of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, you do not need to have the goods with you when you arrive. Although you can include some tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, only a partial exemption will apply to cigarettes, tobacco sticks, and manufactured tobacco. You may have to pay a special duty on these products.

To calculate the number of days you have been absent, do not include the date you leave Canada, but include the date you return. Dates matter, not times. For example, we consider you to have been absent seven days if you left Friday the 7th and returned Friday the 14th.

if your going through detroit, ill meet you on the other side of the border, give me your stockers and drive over wiht the new ones on. customs ask me any questions, the stocks are used wheels i already owned.
ZX5focused,Jun 7 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:if your going through detroit, ill meet you on the other side of the border, give me your stockers and drive over wiht the new ones on. customs ask me any questions, the stocks are used wheels i already owned.
[right][snapback]113130[/snapback][/right]
awesome, i may take you up on that.

as for finding a set of crappy wheels, i wish i could. but i need min 16" to clear the brakes... damn svt :ph34r:
even if they give me a hassle, ill say i paid $100 for them and pay the f'ing duty, still cheaper then shipping etc...
i was thinking of doing that too. when i was talking to p51 a while back, he gave me an idea. i can say those are my track rims/tires.
scoobasteve,Jun 7 2005, 01:50 PM Wrote:i was thinking of doing that too. when i was talking to p51 a while back, he gave me an idea. i can say those are my track rims/tires.
[right][snapback]113138[/snapback][/right]
that would work too, gotta make sure the the new ones are a little "broken in" before crossing though
what rims are you looking at? might be able to get them in detroit and save you the drive to indiana...
EAP 17"s (Gunmetal)
check these places and see if they have them, both of these have stores in the detroit area
www.belletire.com
www.discounttire.com
niether of those places carry ford racing :ph34r:
scoobasteve,Jun 7 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:niether of those places carry ford racing :ph34r:
[right][snapback]113167[/snapback][/right]
worth a try, coulda saved you a drive
EAP=euro appearence package?
Yup, time to see how much Dixie ford wants to charge me for them. Stupid sean hyland is overpriced by 30us a rim :(
scoobasteve,Jun 7 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:Yup, time to see how much  Dixie ford wants to charge me for them.  Stupid sean hyland is overpriced by 30us a rim :(
[right][snapback]113175[/snapback][/right]
lol
i was gonna say, check sean hyland
let me know if you get a decent price in canada, those are the rims i want too! B)
I'm not sure, having never brought US parts into Canada, but i heard the there is no duty on car parts cuz of the free trade agreement or something. You could try posting this on Clubfocus.net There is a lot of Vancouver guys there, and its easy for them to drive down to Washington state to pick up parts. They might know.
Well i got off the phone with dixie ford. apparently they can get the rims for me :D. I'll get a price up here once i find out what it is. they say itll be closer to the 125usd. from the tire rack site.

Now i just got to find me some rubber.
scoobasteve,Jun 7 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:Well i got off the phone with dixie ford. apparently they can get the rims for me :D.  I'll get a price up here once i find out what it is. they say itll be closer to the 125usd. from the tire rack site.

Now i just got to find me some rubber.
[right][snapback]113190[/snapback][/right]
nice
rubber wise, i know this sounds odd, but Canadian tire jsut started carrying high performance tires and they are decent prices. plus they go on sale frequently.
Pages: 1 2