FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Engine Bay Paint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I wanted to do some paint work in the engine bay. ( Once the bay is clean of coarce)
I wanted to do the front heat sheilding red and I was going to paint the battery cover aswell.

( ADDED AFTER by suggestion of coarce)
<<< Fusebox lid and valve cover >>>

And Idea's for anything eles under their that I should go over.

[Image: Image4.jpg]
fuse box lid, valve cover
The Valve cover I probibly wont do myself.

For the whole engine Im using high temp paint but do I need to primer any of the plastic in anyway.

Primer could help the paint bond better, but more important is prepping it properly. You need to make sure it is very clean and sanded lightly to roughen up the surfaces to help bond paint better. You can probably check with the paint manufactures or paint shop to see if the recommend any special primer for plastic.
I've used the duplicolor anodized paint with it's ground coat on a few things and its held up well.
Well Ive got some stuff thats made for your engine bay.... its engine paint. Super high temp.
Ill just have to read the lable when I get home. But yea a little bit of sanding is actually a great Idea.