FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drive For 700!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i broke my mileage record , i got 701.0 km on my last tank of gas, and i put 49.072L in the tank.
My car repaid me good after i let it do 100 mph :ph34r: , and then gave it a wash
how the hell did you get 700 on a tank??? i get like 450 and i thought that was awsome!!
700!..... Wow Im happy with 400. Hell Im usually content to get 350 the way I drive most of the time lol
Yeah 400 is a great number as far as I'm concerned
Guys, I can't see why you get such poor mileage? My wife has a lead foot most of the time and the mileage has been very good and we have a wagon! :D

In the city: Summer time average 450km+ and in the winter 400km+

Highway: Cruise set at 130 km/hr anything higher and the gas gauge falls quicker!
Summer and winter, 650km+
700km...!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@

on my zetec i never got over 500...ususlaly 420 range!!

and now with my duratec I can get 500-525 max....

How are you able to put 50 L of gas in....I drove on the yellow light for 45km and filled the tank completely and still it only took 44L.....

Is there something i'm missing...?? You are driving a focus right?!?!?
microbunny,Jun 5 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:700km...!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@

How are you able to put 50 L of gas in....I drove on the yellow light for 45km and filled the tank completely and still it only took 44L.....

[right][snapback]112778[/snapback][/right]

Just went on a weekend trip, 518 km and we used just over a 3/4 tank of gas! I'm thinking there's at least another 150km left in the tank if we where on the highway, maybe 100km in the city! You gotta fill the tank til you can't fill it anymore! :D
LOFOCI WAGON,Jun 5 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 5 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:700km...!@#$%^&*(*&^%$#@

[right][snapback]112778[/snapback][/right]

Just went on a weekend trip, 518 km and we used just over a 3/4 tank of gas! I'm thinking there's at least another 150km left in the tank if we where on the highway, maybe 100km in the city! You gotta fill the tank til you can't fill it anymore! :D
[right][snapback]112779[/snapback][/right]

I tried man...I keep clicking till virtually you can stop every cent as the meter goes up...I just looked at my gas records and i did actually put 46.5L in about 5 weeks ago...still only did 518km

damn... :huh:
again the gas/mileage topic....you guys keep on trying to make me rant about my car eh?!

damn you guys making that many kms per tank!!!!!! :angry:

""whatever....Ill keep paying for what I got"
do you guys drive with your A/C on? that uses(apparenely) a lot of gas, another big gas waster is driving over 100km/h, as is being hard on the brakes, try to drive around 64km/h or 88-90 to 100)km/h, draft other cars(whereas possible :ph34r: ) and roll your windows down for your air(but not to far down as that creates more drag. try not to stop and dont leave the car idleing , oh and my engine is broken in pretty good, 121000km maybe that has something to do with it?? :unsure:

as for at the pumps, fill it till ya spill it , or at least come close, i got that off of sunoco 84 gas

i checked my guts at 670km, and said im going for it going for 700, while the needle was on the empty line, i think my fuel pressure was dropping when i pulled into sunoco :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't even get past 325!!!!!!
In the city I usually get about 500 - 550 and that is with a heavy foot! On my trip to Niagara managed to get 650 cruising at about 110 km/h all the way, but propbably still could have held up a little more!

I don't use my AC so that saves me a little bit of gas!

Haha, i just put the most gas that i've ever put in any of my focuses

47.068L -> 527.7 Km :)
May 2-4 I went to Parry sound and back and then 4 days of driving around town. Total 550km on 40 liters. I can easliy brake 600 if I stay on the highway.

DRyanC
this is blowing my mind, even on my drive from TO to Toon, which was all highway, all i got was 475 on my best tank!!!!
BLAH! :fag: Try driving a truck. It comes with the territory.

CAR+GAS=A fact of life it costs money to drive...........FUKTARDS
I drive 40kms to go to work. I usually get around 460kms when I fill, could probably get a little more if i sputter into the gas station.

02ztsian

I've never been able to put more than 41 L in the tank, and that was driving ab. 30km with the gas light on. Best on one tank is ab 515 km, combined city and highway cruising at 110-130 km/h. Is it possible the gas gauge is faulty, or the sending unit? Even full the gauge only reads a little over 7/8 full. Anyone else run into this? Still, better than 250 km on a tank with my old V-8 Vega, 45-48 L/fill.
ha ha ha, coming in to the top five here with exactly 600km on my last tank, and i have managed to squeeze like 55L into my tank, i kept the reciept to prove you disbelievers and this tank is headed for like 5 something, but ripping to the falls at 130-155 kinda killed the milage this time round. AC on and all, windows down at times with the ac on I WIN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Again.....with Turbo 525 per tank. :P
Pages: 1 2 3