FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Not Too Happy With My Drop...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I finally got the car dropped. Bought some eibach pro-kit springs from P-51. Supposedly it gives me a 1.5" drop but I dunno. Seems like maybe 1 inch at the most. Is this cause springs haven't settled yet or maybe cause the sidewalls on my tires are so thin? It doesn't look like that big of a difference at all... here are some pics, and excuse the quality, they were taken with my Palm Pilot during my break at work.

[Image: 0a35a970d9.jpg]

[Image: 2845eeffb3.jpg]

[Image: 085b0fc695.jpg]

Also, seems like the right side of the car is slightly higher than the left side. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Wow that does still seem kinda high, Check the spring ensure they were 1.5" not .5" . they may settle a little but not anotehr inch. On my Cavy i noticed right away. I had a 1.75" drop and there was no question about the drop. What series tires are you running?

David
If your not happy with them let me know...I like that amount of drop
It seems high....dunno... I put 18's and kept the stock suspension..and still my car sits lower than that..!
NoiSeeVT,Jun 2 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:Wow that does still seem kinda high, Check the spring ensure they were 1.5" not .5" .  they may settle a little but not anotehr inch.  On my Cavy i noticed right away.  I had a 1.75" drop and there was no question about the drop.  What series tires are you running?

David
[right][snapback]112317[/snapback][/right]

running 205/40/17
I could only get 2 fingers under the front and 1 and a half fingers under the back with my Eibach Prokit springs. I am running 205/45/17 tires.
do you have a before pic to compare?

40 series are tiny eh, same side wall here
BrooksZX3,Jun 2 2005, 07:58 PM Wrote:do you have a before pic to compare?

40 series are tiny eh, same side wall here
[right][snapback]112323[/snapback][/right]
no unfortunately I don't have a before pic. I'm thinking the tires have a lot to do with it cause they are really tiny but i'm sure it can't only be the tires. Could it be shocks or something??? I dunno, I'm really not very happy with it.
the focus is kinda a 4x4 though.. don't worry about it, i'm sure its right where it should be, unless you put in the springs wrong
naz,Jun 2 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:the focus is kinda a 4x4 though.. don't worry about it, i'm sure its right where it should be, unless you put in the springs wrong
[right][snapback]112331[/snapback][/right]

well I didn't put em in. I had walter of ATR do it. I suspect they know what they're doing
Here are some snaps i took of my drop on Eibach Pro-kit springs..(1.5")..everything else is stock...these snaps were taken about 30 seconds after I lowered it off the hoist...

[Image: Focus03.jpg]
[Image: Focus04.jpg]
[Image: Focus05.jpg]

and this snap was taken this past weekend after 2.5 months and 4500KM Logged

[Image: 04.jpg]
ya, that actually looks good. However I dunno if it's fair to compare seeing as how you have a different model focus. Your '05 probably already came slightly lower than my '00
My drop (eibach prokit on 2000 ZX3) looks just like Microbunny's pics.

My winter stock wheels and tires 195/60-15 and my summer wheels and tires 205/45/17 are both 24.2" in diameter.

I am guessing Microbunny's stock wheels and tires are 205/50-16 which is also 24.2" in diameter.

Your wheels and tires 205/40-17 are 23.5" in diameter which might explain some of the discrepency.

Quote:185/65-14...23.5" OE size

195/60-15...24.2" OE size

205/50-16...24.2" OE size

205/40-17...23.5"
205/45-17...24.2"
215/40-17...23.9"
215/45-17...24.6" OE size
dabigmandan,Jun 2 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:ya, that actually looks good. However I dunno if it's fair to compare seeing as how you have a different model focus. Your '05 probably already came slightly lower than my '00
[right][snapback]112335[/snapback][/right]

Hmm...

I really dont know...

the only stock snap I have left is...

[Image: Focus02.jpg]

It was hardcore 4x4 man....worse than the 03' sedan I used to have!!!

Here is what a stock SVT looks like, i have the Stock 215/45/17

David
[Image: DSC00280.jpg]
[Image: DSC00284.jpg]
You know when Bob and I first dropped my car I didn't think there was any drop at all... only now after almost a year has it dropped to the height I'd hoped for. It took a LONG time to settle... but settled it has, down to about 1.5 - 1.7"... I'm running the same series tires as you, I'll snap pics tomorrow
First of all... you guys are showing him pics with stock tires. Stock tires give the look of the car being totally dumped because of the massive sidewall the stock tires have.

I'm running 45's
[Image: a7b1be04.jpg]

And I have the same drop as you.

I felt the same way as you at first....nextime around, I'm buying sized 40 tires. Something with a little more sidewall.

The rubber band tires don't do these cars justice unless you;re running at least a 2 inch drop.

[Image: 84a7241e.jpg]
hmmm.. the 1.5" drop I got from the SHM suspension barely leaves room for one and a half of my fingers. And the drop was almost immediate. I took it in for an alignment the next morning so I could drive it back from ottawa, and the alignment never needed readjustment again.

of course, finger widths are relative as mine were made for hunting buffalo, not sorting beads.
darkpuppet,Jun 3 2005, 08:38 AM Wrote:hmmm.. the 1.5" drop I got from the SHM suspension barely leaves room for one and a half of my fingers.  And the drop was almost immediate.  I took it in for an alignment the next morning so I could drive it backf from ottawa, and the alignment never needed readjustment again.

of course, finger widths are relative as mine were made for hunting buffalo, not sorting beads.
[right][snapback]112375[/snapback][/right]

Not true Steve. Your car is sitting on stock wheels still no? Or did you have 45's put on?

My fingers look like a pack of hot dogs too.

My drop looks the same as everyone elses.
What kit did you get. When I had my 35/40 FK drop that what it looked like and I had 205/40/17 tires. Didnt look lowered at all. What you need is bigger tires or a 2 inch drop.
Pages: 1 2