FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil Additives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone use Lucus oil additive before? I was considering using it along with there fuel additive...Its on sale at Parts source for 15 bucks...

my 2002 zx5 now has 98000k...and I drive 100 round trip each day.
im going to do my oil change this friday.

Thanks
Jaigon,Jun 2 2005, 07:35 AM Wrote:Anyone use Lucus oil additive before? I was considering using it along with there fuel additive...Its on sale at Parts source for 15 bucks...

my 2002 zx5 now has 98000k...and I drive 100 round trip each day.
im going to do my oil change this friday.

Thanks
[right][snapback]112194[/snapback][/right]

Its not a bad idea but I wouldnt run the car for a full duration between oil changes. Id add it to your next oil change so it helps flush the system but I would do the next oil change much sooner.
Personally I believe it's a bad idea.

Their oil additive mess with your oil properties and actually make it worse than stock. :(

Here some piece of info I found :

bob is the oil guy

Ghandi,Jun 3 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:Personally I believe it's a bad idea.

Their oil additive mess with your oil properties and actually make it worse than stock. :(

Here some piece of info I found :

bob is the oil guy
[right][snapback]112390[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the advice...i think im going to skip putting this stuff in..i've seen some other stories out there too.

Thanks again
yeah lucas is like molassas going in, i wonder if it helps or just muds up in the bottom of the pan. I wouldn't use it on something like a focus with the overhead cams. Sure it would be fine on an old beat v8 or something that eats oil.
the fuel system additive i heard works very well and does a good job of cleaning it up for a over the counter additive B)
The link I posted shows how their iol additive actually work.

Their basic idea is to improve lubrication by getting an oil who sticks better to your engine components. As a matter of fact it works but the side effect is that it makes your oil foam under high RPM which is BAD.

When you oil foams you get less surface contact between the oil and the engine which means crappier heat transfer... not good.

As for their fuel treatment I do not know so I cannot judge.