FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtf!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's see them try it with me.
Phantom,Jun 1 2005, 07:58 PM Wrote:wat about all the old muscle cars built up. Like can't just pick on the kids and rice rockets.
[right][snapback]112080[/snapback][/right]

According to the Insurance companies, its more likely that kids will cause the accidents.

Usually the really nice muscle cars aren't driven daily and are usually for show rather than race nowadays. Why would you want to street race some punk's Honda with a 1970 Chevelle SS454? You know you're gonna beat him. :ph34r: Unless God's a Ford man than the Honda has a 0.005% chance of winning. :P
I don't know why we're worried. With the exception of the Supercharged SVT's, Nate, and Steve, no cop is gonna pull a Focus over for speed mods... we'd have to get our cars going fast enough to be noticed for that to happen and I mean who has the time and patience for that?
Raine,Jun 1 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:I don't know why we're worried. With the exception of the Supercharged SVT's, Nate, and Steve, no cop is gonna pull a Focus over for speed mods... we'd have to get our cars going fast enough to be noticed for that to happen and I mean who has the time and patience for that?
[right][snapback]112102[/snapback][/right]

Y'know if I had the money to piss away on an experiment I'd do this:

Take my stock little sedan and change out the wheels for something flashy & trashy just to see if they'd pull me over and try to start something. Once they pull me over for the wheels, they see the Focuscanada.net stickers and then its on to impound city and the police get thrashed in the press for impounding a disabled man's car :lol: & I sue their asses into next Tuesday for harassment :P

NefCanuck
You think that's bad, cops in Winnipeg started impounding cars last year of people who were ONLY WATCHING street races set up at a pre determined location. EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T PARTICIPATING, ONLY WATCHING!
It's been said many times before, and i'll say it again. Its not the cars that are modified (for speed or show) properly that the cops should be worried about .. its the stupid kids who take there parents tragic wagon or cavaqueer and end up driving 160 down dundas and slam into a poll. killing themselves and others on the road. Just look at the photos that end up in the paper or the clips from the news on tv whenever you hear of a "streetracer" getting in an accident or killed. But there well never be a way to monitor or stop that so this is what we have to deal with now.

And this PACER program that they had setup for acouple years that was supposed to get the racing onto the track and off the streets .. some good that's doing. Now the cops just setup shop infront of the gates to cayuga dragway and nab everyone as there inline to get into the track and race legaly as everyone wants them to do. When things like this happen it pretty much forces people to take it back to the streets and avoid the track. This has happened the last 2-3 times at the CSCS events.

sorry for the long post B)
i would think if you have a car that's fairly stock looking.. ie quiet exhaust, moderate drop, no bodykit.. you would be pretty safe from the police? if not.. geez..

I wonder what the cops are going to think when all they here is pshhhhh and a open dump LOL when I drive by.
SVT ZX3,Jun 1 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:You think that's bad, cops in Winnipeg started impounding cars last year of people who were ONLY WATCHING street races set up at a pre determined location. EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T PARTICIPATING, ONLY WATCHING!
[right][snapback]112106[/snapback][/right]

lesson of the day:

don't watch street races
ZX3TUNR,Jun 2 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:I wonder what the cops are going to think when all they here is pshhhhh and a open dump LOL when I drive by.
[right][snapback]112119[/snapback][/right]

Just tell them there is no turbo, it's just something you bought off ebay to make that noise. :lol:
"What does Vortech mean? What does that do?"

"Oh, they make those Tornado thingies, like on eBay and the Home Shopping Channel. Got it for Christmas from my Aunt Judy." :lol:

Great, so I gotta soft-pedal it all the way to the T.dot this weekend, out to Whitby, back... and then roll it home quietly afterwards. Booooooooooooring.

50% UDP now for sure, pricks. I'm also investigating the entire valvetrain build-up with that stage 2 Crane cam El Diablo and I discussed :ph34r:

Besides, the whole "modified for speed" thing is BS. They're going to hunt street racers, but after a while they're going to be so pissed off it's going to be a daylight bonanza on anything even lightly modded. :(

Anyone else want to move to North Bay? :D
Look the only thing it come's down to is I can have turbo in my car, I can have a body kit and large pipe exaust. KNN filter or a V8 if I happen to feel like it. But cops cant touch me.
Police need a reason to arrest you for something like that. They have to catch you racing or have some one eles say you were racing. But they cannot just pull you over, Arrest you and impound your car. And if they did..... Well soon we will all be rich cause they gonne get sued ever few hours by civic kids lol.
I almost forgot...

[Image: vin.gif]

[Image: woowoo2.gif]
If they just do random spot checks, like you're at timmies, and they pull all the cars over as they are leaving(This has happened to me many times) and then ask you to pop your hood and they see a turbo, this is saying they can impound your car on the spot...I will first punch the living s**t out of the cop, then sue the facking bastards.
I think I will contact my lawyer now and be proactive... maybe also head to the cop shop and inform them that I will have a modified car but I cause terror on the track and not the street lol

This whole modding issue is getting so far out of control it's ridiculous... between insurance and cops, we're left holding our dicks basically.

:angry:
The cops are not allowed to check your vehicle without a warrant. Even if it's under the hood it's your vehicule. If a cop come to you and ask you to pop the hood or check your vehicle ask him if he has a warrant or a document that says that he has the right to check it... I was in Police Foundation for a 1 year and then I quit because cops theses days are so stupid!!!
focusonthis_88,Jun 2 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:The cops are not allowed to check your vehicle without a warrant.  Even if it's under the hood it's your vehicule.  If a cop come to you and ask you to pop the hood or check your vehicle ask him if he has a warrant or a document that says that he has the right to check it...  I was in Police Foundation for a 1 year and then I quit because cops theses days are so stupid!!!
[right][snapback]112193[/snapback][/right]

sounds reasonable, I'll alos post what I find out from the law firm.
If it's a MTO officer I think he is allowed though isn't he?

Either way, my car will be:

-stock looking except for drop
-I will have a full muffler, with the biggest resonator I can get, with a proper cat
-All PCV systems will be intact, no breater filters etc.
-All Emmisions systems will also be intact.

Therefore, I will not be breaking any HTA or Emmissions laws and I will make sure of this when the turbo goes on. If they still impound my car and it's fully legit, I will kill them.
The thing is....if the whole cop not being able to search without a warrant is true ....that theyre the freakin Police. Not to many people will challenge them. Frig, I hate cops. :angry: And when you do challenge the fawkers they get pissed because they know your right and start slapping you with more fines. :angry: I understand police go threw a lot of stress with their job of protecting the innocent, being shot at, etc, but this has got to stop.

Take it form somebody that has learned there lesson. You get pulled over by the police, you STFU. Say "Yes officer" when hes lecturing you, dont roll your eyes or talk back. If you want to fight it, thats why theres option 3 on the back of the ticket ;). Dont piss off the cop anymore in telling him how to do his job properly. It will not work.

Trust me, bitching at them will get you nowhere....even if your polite about it.

Plus, I think its more of an emissions thing to....I know for a fact the "Emissions Police" can check under your hood and give finds for relocating the cat and and s**t like that.......
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 2 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:If it's a MTO officer I think he is allowed though isn't he?

Either way, my car will be:

-stock looking except for drop
-I will have a full muffler, with the biggest resonator I can get, with a proper cat
-All PCV systems will be intact, no breater filters etc.
-All Emmisions systems will also be intact.

Therefore, I will not be breaking any HTA or Emmissions laws and I will make sure of this when the turbo goes on. If they still impound my car and it's fully legit, I will kill them.
[right][snapback]112197[/snapback][/right]

id be really surprised if you got bothered in that boat of yours. :P :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3