FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another Ups Rant:updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tom sent me a raptor by mail so I can datalogg my car and get my new chip.

UPS tried delivering it today, so I went to grab the mail delivery notification off the door....

C.O.D: $155.67 :angry: :angry: <_< :ph34r: :angry: :blink: :angry:

WTF? I didnt even pay for this thing and I have to pay $155.67 to have it in my hands?????

Tom put a value down of $500.00.....Im thinking this is what is wrong.

Do I have to pay this? Can I get Tom to call and say waive those fees or something.
Hmmmmmmmphhh. The same thing happened to me last week. i had a high output alternator shipped from the states. declared as warranty. and i was billed 122.00.

Keep us posted on the outcome nate
As soon as they see a value put to the parcel that crosses the border they will charge for brokerage and duty and GST. :angry:
yep UPS=#$$^@$#^$#@%#$

If Tom calls then and tells them this was just a loaner or replacement, he has to fax them some form or something then I think they waive the fee. Call up UPS they can explain what to do...
What I dont understand is Tom sent me a chip worth $395 US and I paid the UPS delivery dood under $70.00 :ph34r:

Got off the phone with UPS.....wow....useless :blink:

EDIT: hardkore....like I said, I just got off the phone and they basically said to bad, thats what you have to pay. Do you know what forms they are....any Carbon copies left over that you could reference???
It helps if a value is declared for insurance purposes, but also should be sent along and stated that it is sent as a sample, and has no commercial value. I used to have to send warranty parts down to the states all the time, and that was one way to get around them getting nailed.
bah thats just stupid.. i hate UPS..

you paid even more caus he put a value of 500$ when its not even worth that much..

and still COD is if you buy or something.. make sure what you're paying for is fees and not like an actual price where tom is collecting to money for a loaner hehehe..

so.. any datalog ? when are you sending it back? i only have to get my oil separator rewelded (leaks) and i should be good to go.. if you have a raptor.. you know.. maybe.. ;)
Tom has to send a "Declaration of contents" to UPS. I wrote him all the steps last night, now its just a matter of him doing it. I Paid taxes on $637 CND + $60 for brokerage. I have no problem paying for the brokerage, but I ain't paying taxes on something I didnt even buy.

I had to hang up and call UPS 4 times last night until I got somebody that was willing to help me out.
why does everyone use them anyway, they're so full of sh*t.. everytime!
BerinG,May 31 2005, 09:58 AM Wrote:why does everyone use them anyway, they're so full of sh*t.. everytime!
[right][snapback]111709[/snapback][/right]

I really dont know. I told the 3 girls from UPS that theyre company sucks and they should look for other jobs instead of working for a theif. 1 hung up on me. :lol:

1 even went as far as calling me a liar when I said I didnt pay even close to these amounts when using USPS, Fed Ex, or the others....

"No, they would still have to pay customs just like us."

"Oh, so your the one that got the bill for it, and paid for it"

"No, I did not, but I can gurantee you if UPS delivered the same thing, youd pay the same thing as the others"

:rolleyes:

hahaha are they brainwashed or something?!
Wow, mindless troglodytes or what Nate? That's insane.

And when Sara's flower petals and other stuff came across from the States for the wedding, we had it ground-shipped via USPS with no declared value. A little less valuable to be sure, but it worked. Didn't have to pay anything in terms of duties or anything.
I've never paid anything with USPS....Fed Ex isusually $60.00 brokerage fees.....not $155.67 :blink:
Seems like no one in customer service gives a s**t anymore.... oh wait, that's me.
I work for startek.. cingular wireless customer care and I can tell u honestly I don't give two shits about the americans that call in.
I refuse to deal with any company that will only ship to Canada with UPS. Give me the option of Fedex or USPS or I don't buy. That being said, most companies are willing to ship USPS, you just have to phone and place you're order and tell them. That or get the package shipped to a place in the States and drive accross the border and bring it back myself.
meh...just don't pay it and see what happens, lol.

I had stuff couriered via DHL about 4 years ago...got some kind of brokerage bill for about $80 along with the package...never paid it...never heard from anyone since :D
Marction,Jun 4 2005, 02:22 PM Wrote:meh...just don't pay it and see what happens, lol.

I had stuff couriered via DHL about 4 years ago...got some kind of brokerage bill for about $80 along with the package...never paid it...never heard from anyone since :D
[right][snapback]112610[/snapback][/right]

They dont give it to me, unless I pay. :angry:
that sucks man..hopefully, something will get worked out..
alright, your gonna lose, now close this thread.

In Before the Block.
Pages: 1 2