FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Washed, Claybarred, & Waxed In Under 2 Hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My car got OWNED. It didnt see this cleaning coming for it today....ENJOY The Shine!

[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]
[Image: 03.jpg]
[Image: 04.jpg]
[Image: 05.jpg]
[Image: 06.jpg]
[Image: 07.jpg]
[Image: 08.jpg]
[Image: 09.jpg]

01-yellow-ZX3

Prolly helps that you do it for a living.
01-yellow-ZX3,May 29 2005 Wrote:Prolly helps that you do it for a living.
[right][snapback]111323[/snapback][/right]

It really does...

I do this 4-6 times a day....

you get to be very quick...
My car's that shiny despite being winter driven, having been in an accident, and being 5 years old...

I like those tails tho. How much did they end up running you?
looks good. take me about 2 1/2 hours to claybar and wax my car.

and the taillight looks good too.
Correct me if I'm wrong....

Is it not a good idea to wax and polish such new paint?

I was told you should wait a season before applying wax. :unsure:
ANTHONYD,May 30 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong....

[right][snapback]111407[/snapback][/right]

when I painted the Justy, it recommended (on the paint can) to not wax for at least a month. It also recommended waxing after the month is over.... :huh:
ANTHONYD,May 30 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong....

[right][snapback]111407[/snapback][/right]

Well, I dunno where you heard this info and I'm not saying your right or wrong but think about it...regardless of how new a car is and its paint, road contaminants and dirt still get all over the place and need to be removed. Acid rain, winter salt, tar, bugs, etc will all fuk your paint up more than wax will. In fact, waxing will help protect the paint from all these elements and more....

Regardless of what people choose to do, I like my car to be clean and shiney and I highly doubt that waxing my new car will do damage.

Perhaps, just for arguements sake, lets say it is overkill to claybar and wax every week but, I do it as a job and have free access to professional cleaning supplies so I figure I might as well take advantage of free stuff especially with the nice-ass weather!!

Bottom Line---Washing, Claybarring, & Waxing your car is good!! No bad can come out of a clean car....

...except perhaps all the jealousy that you will encounter from all the people with dirty & faded rides!!! B)

..by the way...if you are spending 5-6-7+ hours washing, waxing etc...

YOU ARE TAKING FAR TOO LONG,,,
Bunny is correct. It is an old wives tale that you should wait a year before waxing your car.
The new clearcoat finish is solid the minute it leaves the factory.
The claybar is a very minor abrasive, if at all,and merely just gives the paint a freshen up for a deeper shine.
I wouldn't turtle wax it the first month, but claybar is so mild that it could never hurt your car.
Unless your a moron.

Don't ever use turtle wax.
meford4u,Jun 1 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:Bunny is correct....
[right][snapback]112087[/snapback][/right]

Holy s**t....I read that and spit coffee on my keyboard.... :lol:
microbunny,Jun 2 2005, 12:56 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 1 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:Bunny is correct....
[right][snapback]112087[/snapback][/right]

Holy s**t....I read that and spit coffee on my keyboard.... :lol:
[right][snapback]112089[/snapback][/right]

I guess the rumour isn't true that you swallow?
why not use turtle wax?
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 2 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:That's cheap though, considering 20-24" SUV BLANG BLANG rims.

My buddy last year bought some 20's for his Jeep and they cost him 5G's so 6G's US for that, pretty good.
[right][snapback]112233[/snapback][/right]

Turtle wax paste is bad stuff... The only thing i use turtle wax (liquid) on is my rims!

ah, thats better
I don't turtle wax s**t... that stuff is insane.

I really need to look into claybarring next summer after I respray the SPI...

EDIT - Paul, your breadbox is showing :lol:
I use turtlewax 2001....i think its alright....stuff lasts about 3 or 4 months...its paste wax though so usually i wax it and let it dry for a few hours before wiping it off...
scoobasteve,Jun 2 2005, 06:26 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 2 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:That's cheap though, considering 20-24" SUV BLANG BLANG rims.

My buddy last year bought some 20's for his Jeep and they cost him 5G's so 6G's US for that, pretty good.

Turtle wax paste is bad stuff... The only thing i wax with turtle wax is my rims!
[right][snapback]112236[/snapback][/right]

D00d thats the most random quote you used ever.
tdot-zx3,Jun 2 2005, 02: Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jun 2 2005, 06:26 PM Wrote:

Turtle wax paste is bad stuff... The only thing i wax with turtle wax is my rims!
[right][snapback]112236[/snapback][/right]

D00d thats the most random quote you used ever.
[right][snapback]112252[/snapback][/right]

I know, i gotta edit it. i'm at work now and i dont really have time to think.....

what i meant to say is i use the Ultragloss Turtlewax (liquid) for my rims.... thats the closest turtlewax comes to my car
No no .. I meant ... Where did you get that quote from Jay.. haha .. it has not relvence to this thread at all!
tdot-zx3,Jun 2 2005, 06: Wrote:No no .. I meant ... Where did you get that quote from Jay.. haha .. it has not relvence to this thread at all!
[right][snapback]112280[/snapback][/right]

ok..I was thinking the same thing...glad you said it first..
lmao. s**t, i used to use that turtle wax s**t back when my car was still new, but i stopped using it 2 years ago in favour of some silicone glaze s**t, which works much better. infact, the silicone stuff I used was so good, that I used it to buff out the scratches and keyed areas of my car, It worked so well I cant even tell where my car got keyed before.
Pages: 1 2