FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crappy Springs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i finally had my car lowered today, and as my mechanic took my stock springs out the passenger front spring came out broken in half. Needless to say i now have my H&Rs in and the car rides much better, but does anyone if there was a recall on the focus springs. i heard about it and wasnt sure so i just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.
I had a recall or something regarding the spring a while ago. Maybe I didnt read it right.
There was a recall regarding the springs. I don't recall what exactly as I had already replaced my springs so never looked to closely at the letter.
i'm pretty sure the recall was for poorly coated springs which caused them to break.......

i'll have to go find the letter, but i'm pretty sure that was it.

I hope you kept the old ones! I'd take them in with the bill for the install and the parts and see if you can get Ford to pay for it!
It's an extension of the warranty to 300,000 or 350,000 KMs. I've got the letter at home, I'll scan it tonight and upload it to my website.
This si where 2001ZTS came in handy.

It was the second last recall.

Make Ford pay for your installation of your new springs.
It wasnt technically a recall, since they wont replace them unless they are broken. It's an extension of the warranty.. but since you're not replacing with OE springs I guess it doesnt really matter.

You might be able to get them to pay you for installation costs at whatever shop you went to if you can say you didnt receive the letter informing you about the extension, but I dont think they'd pay you out for springs since it would be a warranty replacement for OE springs. Either way you're probably going to have to fight pretty hard to see any kind of cash out of Ford.. <_<
I think so. I just had mine done on Friday. They were covered under warranty. My drivers side one was broken in half too when they took it out
HA,,,,,TO EVERYONE THAT CALLED ME A LIAR, CRACKHEAD, MORON, AND VARIOUS OTHER NAMES WHEN MY SPRING BROKE LIKE 2 YEARS AGO./..

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! FUKERS....

microbunny,May 25 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:HA,,,,,TO EVERYONE THAT CALLED ME A LIAR, CRACKHEAD, MORON, AND VARIOUS OTHER NAMES WHEN MY SPRING BROKE LIKE 2 YEARS AGO./..

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! FUKERS....
[right][snapback]110819[/snapback][/right]

I never did such a thing. :blink: