FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Custom Made Front Bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the project is done, just need to get grilles, but nowhere was open yesterday............. let me know what ya think

It's done, just needs the grilles

click the link "its done, just need the grilles"
Your paint guy is colour blind.

Congrats on the completion of a HUGE job!
Great Job... congrats!!!!! :D
Am I the only one that thinks the gap in the center of the bottom of the bumper looks odd? It looks like it got into a fight with a parking curb and lost big time. Then, instead of repairing it, it was re-glassed and left like that.

The finish itself is nice, but I can't bring myself to like it. Sorry :(
i didn't have the $ to get a professional to paint it, so i got some colour match (or REALLY damn close) from crappy tire and my buddy BJ helped me with it, and it still needs the clear coat and then it will flow better.

a big shout out to BJ from Lo-Ex Customs for all his hard work, help and support for this creation that has made it what it is today!!!
SDPZX3,May 24 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:my buddy BJ helped me with it,

a big shout out to BJ from Lo-Ex Customs for all his hard work[right][snapback]110613[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
looks nice spdzx3, did u use epoxy or bondo to mould the bumper?
I don't like it, it's nice to have something custom though but the gap doesn't look straight, is crooked to me, way way WAY to low and doesn't 'flow' with the rest of the car.

My opinion but whatever, not for me......
we used fibreglass and bondo
i agree with adam (nos2go4me) on certain issues....that gap, way too huge and looks outa place man...no offence...but other than that, i like it, mainly cuase it's original!

Good job!
On the whole, it's not bad especially if that's your first bumper. The paint looks way off on my monitor anyway, if it's that bad in person I'd definitely get some paint mixed up that's an exact match and redo it. It would suck to spend that much time and energy on something and have it look bad in the end because of trying to save a buck.

About the sideskirts, they look too low.. I mean they hang down lower than the bottom edge of the bumper. It would look a lot smoother if it was lined up with the body seam/lower edge of the door, looks like about and inch or so, that would probably bring it up to the same level as the bumper.
Bad:

1. Bondo? Hope that thing gets stored over winter in a heat controlled garage, that bondo is gonna crack with our winters

2. the side skirts and front bumper don't line up worth shiit. Looks like crap from the sides.

3. Your licence plate. that bend you did in it. Eeeek, hope you don't get nailed on that one. You just defaced/modified gov't property. Big no no around here. I had mine behind my mesh and got in crap for it let alone bend it almost in half like that.

4. As Guilty said above, if you spent so much time and effort on the bumper, spend the extra few bucks and get it painted properly cause it looks like shiit cause you cheaped out and sprayed it with CT paint.

5. I assume you still have the ghey single wiper mod so I must flame you for that as well.

Good:

1. this space was left blank intentionally
I give thumbs up for originality. I'm not to fond of it tho. But they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
ZOOM,May 24 2005, 06:52 PM Wrote:3. Your licence plate. that bend you did in it. Eeeek, hope you don't get nailed on that one. You just defaced/modified gov't property. Big no no around here. I had mine behind my mesh and got in crap for it let alone bend it almost in half like that.
[right][snapback]110670[/snapback][/right]

Word. Bad move with bending the plate

Not a fan of the rest of it either personally, but props for taking on the project.
I dunno man, it looks crooked to me. I won't lie like all these other bastards....

I give that bumper 1 month, tops, before it breaks into more pieces than the Columbia space shuttle!

Congrats on the job. It's nice to see something different. Your car is one of a kind and that's why you modify a car to be different then all the others. I think it's really hot and keep the customs job coming.
microbunny,May 24 2005, 07:57 PM Wrote:I give that bumper 1 month, tops, before it breaks into more pieces than the Columbia space shuttle!
[right][snapback]110677[/snapback][/right]

Not a cool joke man.
Congrats on the final product man! It doesn't matter what we think, we won't be driving it, you will and you like it. I admire you for undertaking such a huge project and I'm sure 90% of the people on here wouldn't have the balls to try something like that.

Good Job!
dabigmandan,May 24 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:Congrats on the final product man! It doesn't matter what we think, we won't be driving it, you will and you like it. I admire you for undertaking such a huge project and I'm sure 90% of the people on here wouldn't have the balls to try something like that.

Good Job!
[right][snapback]110682[/snapback][/right]

Here here!
the final product is DEFINITELY better than what you started out with.. that's a lot of time and effort.

only thing.. you've created a bumper that artificially lowers the clearance of your car... have you tested that it doesn't hit the ground throughout your suspension travel? I'm concerned that you take a corner or hit a bump wrong, and the bumper is going to hit the ground hard ..

anyways, I got to give props for the work effort involved here, hope you enjoy it.
Pages: 1 2