FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cleaned My Maf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after owning the Focus for 2 1/2 years I thought I would finally clean the MAF sensor. I bought some circuit board/electronics cleaner in a spray can. Dam stuff is expensive. $15 is costed me. Any way I gently sprayed the electronics of the MAF. Gave it a nice soak then let it air dry. There was like crap sitting on the peices of the MAF.

Worth while to clean it.
I have to clean the MAF everytime it rains or else the car wont start.

Pro-M sucks.
jason, i use that electronics cleaner all the time, you should wipe it with a clean cloth too, as the alcohol might dry too quickly, and leave the dirt residue on the maf. hope this helps
Flofocus,May 20 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:I have to clean the MAF everytime it rains or else the car wont start.

Pro-M sucks.
[right][snapback]110005[/snapback][/right]

might want to get a different air filter perhaps? it shouldn't soil at every rain.. just be happy yours actually worked.. mine cooked itself after a week.

If the PCV valve and EGR aren't before the MAF (if you have either going back into the intake), the MAF shouldn't get soiled THAT easily.
darkpuppet,May 20 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 20 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:I have to clean the MAF everytime it rains or else the car wont start.

Pro-M sucks.

might want to get a different air filter perhaps? it shouldn't soil at every rain.. just be happy yours actually worked.. mine cooked itself after a week.

If the PCV valve and EGR aren't before the MAF (if you have either going back into the intake), the MAF shouldn't get soiled THAT easily.
[right][snapback]110038[/snapback][/right]

PCV is after the maf, so it shouldnt be getting anything on the MAF. I'm probably going to buy another air filter. That s what you get with APC I guess. :lol:
What about that mini-cone I see on a lot of Cold Air Intakes, that looks like a Mini K&N? is that have to be cleaned often too? what is its function
ZX3TUNR,May 19 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:Worth while to clean it.
[right][snapback]109985[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm Sounds like a good thing to do when I change to the new TB and Steeda Intake. B)

PCV's before the MAF and before the filter on the stock airbox, but after the MAF on most aftermarket intakes. And yeah, I should probably clean mine too.

What are those torx drivers called? Security torx drivers? Whatever it is you need to take the MAF itself out of the housing.
NOS2Go4Me,May 20 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:PCV's before the MAF and before the filter on the stock airbox, but after the MAF on most aftermarket intakes. And yeah, I should probably clean mine too.

What are those torx drivers called? Security torx drivers? Whatever it is you need to take the MAF itself out of the housing.
[right][snapback]110078[/snapback][/right]

their tamperproof torx.. so tamper proof that you can pick up the bits at crappy tire with little hassle.
mine were "picked" up from cdn tire I mean my brother found them laying on the ground. There about $45 for the set. Couldnt find just that one bit.

What I found werid is the SVT MAFS dont use the security ones.
Flofocus,May 20 2005, 08:02 AM Wrote:I have to clean the MAF everytime it rains or else the car wont start.

Pro-M sucks.

Never had a problem with the PRO-M in my stang.