FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clay Bar And A Wax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i got a $100 gift card from my work the other day for crappy tire, so i decided i was gonna go get a clay bar kit and some wax and a bunch of other goodies...long story short i only have 19 cents left on the card haha...so yesterday started off as i nice sunny day for thw wash to get all the old wax off...then is started to cloud over and cool down which was perfect weater for the clay bar, polish, and waxing.

and here are the results (yes i know passenger side FTW)

[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO041.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO040.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO039.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO038.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO037.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO036.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO035.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO034.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO033.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO032.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO031.jpg]
[Image: MoreSweetpicsYO030.jpg]

hwelp there you have it!! hopefully painting of the door will be in the next month
Did you clay bar the silver door too? What wax did you use after the clay bar? It looks really sharp!!!!
Focus man, Focus.,May 7 2009, 08:53 AM Wrote:Did you clay bar the silver door too?  What wax did you use after the clay bar?  It looks really sharp!!!!
[right][snapback]286810[/snapback][/right]

no i didnt do the silver door it doesnt deserve it plus i gotta prep and such for paint
i used the mothers claybar kit, then polished it with turtle wax polisher then waxed it with meguires carnuba wax
Nice work...

Somebody has to 'chop a Sheriff's badge on that white door though and then the caption writes itself:

"What Hazzard County gave Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane after the latest round of budget cutbacks"

NefCanuck
Looks good! Which megs. wax was it that you used?
Scourge,May 7 2009, 09:31 AM Wrote:Looks good!  Which megs. wax was it that you used?
[right][snapback]286817[/snapback][/right]

meguires deep crystal system carnauba wax (step 3)
smells like banana medicine haha
Passenger side FTW!

Looks good bro!
ANTHONYD,May 7 2009, 10:44 AM Wrote:Passenger side FTW!

[right][snapback]286826[/snapback][/right]

knew that was coming lol :P
told you it was worth it!
car is looking really good!
nice job on the wax
thank you kind sir....hopefully paint next week we will see