FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Catylictic Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a cat that they took off of their car, perhaps to put an orp on or a high flow cat. that i could borrow

I really need to get a cat for like a day or two so i can pass emissions. I really don't want to pay 300$ to get a fake test done.

Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot
I have one, but Im in Ottawa. :(
brucktown,May 18 2005, 06:54 PM Wrote:Does anyone have a cat that they took off of their car, perhaps to put an orp on or a high flow cat. that i could borrow

I really need to get a cat for like a day or two so i can pass emissions. I really don't want to pay 300$ to get a fake test done.

thanks a lot
[right][snapback]109701[/snapback][/right]

Why do u want to pass this test?
linoleum,May 18 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:
brucktown,May 18 2005, 06:54 PM Wrote:Does anyone have a cat that they took off of their car, perhaps to put an orp on or a high flow cat. that i could borrow

thanks a lot
[right][snapback]109701[/snapback][/right]

Why do u want to pass this test?
[right][snapback]109723[/snapback][/right]

Its required here in Ontario to renew your license plate. i dont think you have license plate stickers in Q-bec
When do you have to have the test done by? I am taking off my stock cat once I get my new SVT header (still backordered, probably get it end of May/early June.)

BTW - Have you installed your Jackson Racing Throttlebody yet? I had it on my car for a few days trying to troubleshoot the problems I was having with my JRSC install. I thought it was my FC TB gasket leaking so Vito borrowed back your JR TB with O-ring gasket hoping it would cure the problem but I had other leaks. All fixed now, just waiting for my header from Ford.
I've got one u can use. Send me a pm and tell me more about your situation.
awww haha i jsut did a striaght piping today...haha sorry bud
Geez. Just get a conditional pass. It's $200 max for the first one.
bluetoy,May 18 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:Geez. Just get a conditional pass. It's $200 max for the first one.
[right][snapback]109750[/snapback][/right]

it's $450 according to the drive clean site
200 for the first one 450 for the second one. I know. My buddy and my sister in law both did it. Unless they changed stuff in the last year..
bluetoy,May 18 2005, 11:08 PM Wrote:200 for the first one 450 for the second one. I know. My buddy and my sister in law both did it. Unless they changed stuff in the last year..
[right][snapback]109757[/snapback][/right]

450 first time
has to pass the next time or no sticker
I'm sure if you spent the day driving around someone would give you a pass for the right money....

When you find them, let me know.... :P

I've got a cat too if your looking for one....comes off next week...i'm in Whitby.
Flofocus,May 18 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:Its required here in Ontario to renew your license plate.  i dont think you have license plate stickers in Q-bec

Oh! So there are some good sides of living in Quebec... ;)
dBlast,May 18 2005, 08:47 PM Wrote:When do you have to have the test done by?  I am taking off my stock cat once I get my new SVT header (still backordered, probably get it end of May/early June.)

BTW - Have you installed your Jackson Racing Throttlebody yet? I had it on my car for a few days trying to troubleshoot the problems I was having with my JRSC install.  I thought it was my FC TB gasket leaking so Vito borrowed back your JR TB with O-ring gasket hoping it would cure the problem but I had other leaks.  All fixed now, just waiting for my header from Ford.
[right][snapback]109734[/snapback][/right]

yup finally put it on, working good, sticks a little but what can ya do.............i have to have it done in the next 10 days, cus i am alreadyon my 3rd 10 day permit and you can only get 4 in any year.
bluetoy,May 18 2005, 06:08 PM Wrote:200 for the first one 450 for the second one. I know. My buddy and my sister in law both did it. Unless they changed stuff in the last year..
[right][snapback]109757[/snapback][/right]
July 1 2004 in the Ottawa area it changed fron 200 to 450, poor guys in TO have had this since 2001!!!!
sorry to bump an old thread, but i just had my drive clean done, its just under $40 and the focus passed 100% perfect, even with my aftermarket mbrp it went better than stock