FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Engine Light!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Out of no where my check engine light goes on.. so I do what the little light says and check the engine. Everything appears good, all fluids good, runs the exact same as it did before the light went on. Anyone else had this problem? Any possible explanations? crappy sensor recalls?

Thanks!

Dan
Dan,
the CEL can come on for any reason.
most of the time it is from a sensor error or fault. either a sensor is not reading propperly or it picked up a issue that should be check out by a qualified mechanic.
any good mechanic who has a scanner should be able to download the codes for you for a minimal charge, once you get the results of the codes, post them here and someone can either tell you what they mean or offer insight as to what you can do to fix it.

Are you from K-Town BC?
ZX3TUNING,May 17 2005, 09:20 PM Wrote:Dan,
the CEL can come on for any reason.
most of the time it is from a sensor error or fault. either a sensor is not reading propperly or it picked up a issue that should be check out by a qualified mechanic.
any good mechanic who has a scanner should be able to download the codes for you for a minimal charge, once you get the results of the codes, post them here and someone can either tell you what they mean or offer insight as to what you can do to fix it.

Are you from K-Town BC?
[right][snapback]109556[/snapback][/right]

Wow! thanks for the quick reply, I did the HEC Dealer thing and got the DTC code for 9202 - Fuel Sender Open Circuit.. I have no idea what that means. I got an apointment at the dealer for friday. Yup, K-Town BC!!!!
Just checked out your website ZX3TUNING, you got some great stuff! Do you have a shop too?

Dan
:hi:

Hope you get that sorted out in short order!

I've no idea what the hell that means, I'm assuming a short somewhere?
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2005, 05:07 AM Wrote::hi:

Hope you get that sorted out in short order!

I've no idea what the hell that means, I'm assuming a short somewhere?
[right][snapback]109577[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I have no idea what it means ether, maybe my fuel pump is not being properly grounded?
The day after i bought the focus i was driving to work and did a little swerve ala. Schmaucker(sp?) after he won that race, and that trigered that light to come on. my focus. It had something to do with the gas cap not on properly, and the hose from the cap to the tank was all twisted underneath ;) .