FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hard To Start...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since last week its been too hard to start the focus in the morning....
I have to give it too much start to turn it on... :angry:
and I have new sceaming demon coil with the wires and plugs...
what else??????????? :blink:
also you think the dealer will void my electric warranty cause the coil????
need some advice..dont want to go to the ##$#%&#%# dealer....

thanx guys..!
I had that problem when I first put the screamin deamon coil in...theres a rubber seal that comes in the coil that I removed since the stock harness has one built in...

I found that when I removed that the connector went in allot easier and I didn't have any problems starting.

what sort of hard start problem are you having?
does it seem like the engine is struggling to turn over?
does it click when you try and start it?
does it "ZING" when you try and start it?
does is spin over fine just not want to catch?
Heh, my car is doing the same. takes a few seconds to crank in the morning itll catch. sound like its sputtering then shoot up to 2500 rpm. any idea what that could be ?
Don't you have to re-gap the plugs when you're running the Screamin Demon coil and wires?
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:Don't you have to re-gap the plugs when you're running the Screamin Demon coil and wires?
[right][snapback]109628[/snapback][/right]

You don't have to, it says your "able" to but its not a requirement.
Ever since mine was flashed with YRFO it is slow to start. Then it stumbles a bit and finally catches and then it's fine
ok..I did left the gap stock, and I dont like the fact that buying that coil and wires..was going to give the plugs more spark...then easier start always...but it seems to be the the other way...slow starts everyday....cant stand it...
maybe a tunning will make it better???getting the SCT will be a good investment???

thanx guys.!
why don't you try going back to stock so see if that changes anything before buying more parts hoping it may fix the problem.
if going back to stock makes the car run better then it's the coil
if it doesn't then it could be something else!

just a suggestion, no sence in wasting money on parts you don't need that wont fix the problem.
bluetoy,May 18 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:Ever since mine was flashed with YRFO it is slow to start. Then it stumbles a bit and finally catches and then it's fine
[right][snapback]109739[/snapback][/right]

Awesome, I noticed the same thing too.